PDA

View Full Version : secondary anim deformation using deformers?

Slugger
06-03-2008, 07:59 AM
OK,

so have a bit of a problem here,

what I'm trying to do is controls for overlapping motion for bottom parts of pants/skirts etc, the body meshes are all skinned and will need some form of control for "softer" parts(to do a cloth setup would be to computing intense for the "situation").

So.. i thought why not try using a soft modification handle, that way animator can adjust handle/influence to get that overlapping motion for "softer" parts of mesh(bottom of pants etc),

Right so I tried and went along as follows, "riveted" a locator to midpoint btw two edges close to vertex that had the softmod handle, ok, so got it to follow the locator but unpredictable things seems to happen(dependancy loop warnings all the time in status bar), in a way perhaps not surprising since the softmod handle is a child of the locator and the locators position is dependent on what position the softmod handle has...so hope this makes sense.

Anyone know of a straightforward way to create the type of control of secondare/overlapping, motion/deformation of mesh that I'm after? any hints tips would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

k.

liquidik
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM
A little trick could be to duplicate part of the mesh you need and apply the rivets to that mesh with your method. Bind this strip of mesh with the weight from the original mesh (copy skin weitght). This way you should avoid the loop

Slugger
06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks liquidid!

will try that out, makes sense and seems doable

Cheers,

k.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.