PDA

View Full Version : Crits Welcomed for this new member

shinobix
04-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've been surfing this site for the past little bit and have now mustered up enough courage to post some of my artwork here.
I hope you like.
It's for my final at college, so keep in mind that I have had tight deadlines and all those other great excuses.
Well, without further ado, here's my stuff.

Shawn Woods
04-22-2002, 02:32 PM
No need for excuses dude. The models look great. The texturing is really nice as well. You could add a little more bend in the king's left arm to give a stronger silhouette. Just rotate the arm and bend the bicep up slightly.

I love the teeth!

null
04-22-2002, 03:07 PM
the models look great. it's just the render and odd angle that obscure them a bit, but i guess you knew that. great work :buttrock:

leigh
04-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey those guys are awesome :buttrock:

It's a pity that the jpg compression has made it a bit blocky :(
:applause:
And it's especially brilliant work considering you're still a student :D You have a great future ahead of you, I think :thumbsup:

Korgath
04-22-2002, 04:48 PM
I love the design! got some other renderings of the goblins?

shinobix
04-23-2002, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the great reviews!! It makes me feel a hell of a lot better about my demo reel. You know how it is after you've looked at your own work for a while, it all becomes gray...
Thanks again and I will be posting more soon.

popnGEAR
04-23-2002, 01:29 AM
I like King Rude the most, and they all have nice expressions. I'd change the red balls on the Wubblie's heads though (they are ripped off of kupos?).

shinobix
04-23-2002, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I realize that the pompoms are a moogle design trait, but they were very much of my inspiration for the wubblies, so I put it in there as a tribute to the glory of Squaresoft.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.