PDA

View Full Version : Using one Rig for different sized\proportions characters

Defonten
06-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Hi,

recently I've downloaded a Rig ready for animation with all the cool stuff and scripts in it. What I wanted to know is how can I adjust this Rig to my character in size and proportions? For example if I have to fit that rig into someone like Gorilla with long arms and short legs. How do I adjust the skeleton's proportions without losing all the cool stuff, spline controls, and IK/FK switching possibilities etc. I tried simply moving the joints and scaling but it ruined the skeleton. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The Rig has a global control for proportional scaling but that doesn't solve the problem of course.

Me109
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
is unlikely you'll ever get that to work..... probably more simple to animate the existing rig.. bake the keys to the bones.. and the retarget that animation data to the new bone system...

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.