View Full Version : Uv Pass - G Buffer Builder - Maya

naik
06-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey guys.

Does anyone has experience using Maya and combustions Gbuffer Builder
in order to change the texture of the objects with the
Gbuffer Builder Uv Pass function?

I can render out UV Pass Layers out of maya but dont know exactly
how to connect it in combustion in order to get it work.

Any help is appreciated.

regards

NAIK

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-03-2008, 07:48 PM
You need more than the UV output for the Texture Map Operator to work. Check the Combustion help file for "Render Channels Used in 3D Post Filters" the needed "RPF"/Gbuffer channels for it to work:
1) Either the Material ID, the Object ID, or the Render ID channel must be present.
2) UV Coordinates.
When I have used this in the past I made a white map so it would catch the Lighting, Shadows, etc. Then Multiplied the new texture over it using the options in the Texture Map Operators. This helps to eliminate the aliasing caused by the usually aliased gbuffer data.

-Eric

naik
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey buddy,
sometimes i think that you are the only one still alive in this "dead" combustion forum...

Yeah, i realized that too yesterday.
I i think i have to use the Gbuffer Builder in combination with the texture map operator.

I will test it and see how far i get.

So then it would be possible to "reassign" textures on my object right?

regards

NAIK

naik
06-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Okay it seems to work - but im not absolutely sure if im doin it right.
The first thing is the UV Pass from Maya.

I created a samplerinfo Node and connected the U/V coord into the R / G Color Channel
of my lambert Color

U Coord --> R
V Coord --> G

Then i render that image out in order to use it as a UV Pass.

But when i bring the layers back into combustion it seems that my uv Pass
is not absolutely correct - i got alot of banding and strechting when i replace the "texture".

Also there is only the color corrector in order to "translate / Rotate" my new texture.
How do you do that? And how about the tiling of the texture?

regards

NAIK

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I have no idea what you need to do on the Maya side, don't have it and haven't used it since like version 5. Most translation, rotation, and tiling is handled by the UV Coordinates. Other option would be use a resize Operator for scaling/tiling and a composite for any translation/rotation.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.