PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse Players

Shawn Woods
04-22-2002, 01:47 PM
This is the main character of my final project. It's a made-up lacrosse video game intro. This character has a one-on-one against a modern day Raven player. I'll have the Raven posted in the next few days.

All comments are welcome. :)

http://www.synectikos.com/Downloads/Iroquois_VHS_Insert.jpg

diazgl
04-22-2002, 02:13 PM
very nice!! A beautiful character to be seen in a game! Your polygon count is even lower than the ones they use at the moment (about 10 000)

There are some places you could think of fixing. Like, the abdominal area, cos I can see the polygons forming a triangle. And the muscles on the arm, they look a bit weird. Add some more detail on the hand, cos at the moment, it looks weird, and "dirty" it's not easy to say that it's actually a hand. And last the chest. Waiting to see the modern day raven player...:)

shinobix
04-22-2002, 03:27 PM
I like the stylistic approach you have taken for your character. It reminds me a little of the character styles for Final fantasy IX.
Cheers.

Shawn Woods
04-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Final Fantasy played a big role in my style of this and the Raven character. I love their style. Why did they change it for the movie? We'll never know.

Okay, back to texturing the Raven... 110 hours 'til gradshow. :)

parallax
04-22-2002, 05:02 PM
nice.
love the painterly look.

parallax
04-23-2002, 01:41 PM
deserves a little more attention, you probably dont mind me saying ;)

shinobix
04-23-2002, 03:05 PM
As I sit and wait for renders, I look at all the pretty pictures....
Now, show me the Raven... And I will be happy.

thenerdyguy
04-23-2002, 05:42 PM
cool. i like the style used. the 'chunky' feel is quite appealing...
which software did u use to do this?

lildragon
04-23-2002, 05:52 PM
Quite and impressive/expressive character you have there :buttrock: I really dig the color scheme and the stylised approach, very nice indeed :thumbsup: looks like something I would do heheh

DO you have anymore? any animations we could see?

good job

cheers

Shawn Woods
04-23-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks! Yes I have more characters and animations. I've been pulling all-nighters the past few days to get this project done from our grad show on Friday!

I've got a Roman Soldier dude, a modern day Raven lacrosse player, a modern Goldilocks (spicy), and a low-poly hockey goalie. All from this year's school, so you'll probably notice a change in my style and texturing technique as I went along.

I looooove color. My background is in Graphic Design and I'm an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop.... so it's fun to play. :buttrock:

thenerdyguy
04-23-2002, 08:03 PM
wow, so many more characters? can u post it here to show us? what do u use to model them?

henry
04-23-2002, 09:50 PM
ooooooooh I LOVE 'IM!!!!!

Shawn Woods
04-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Here at Capilano College we started off using XSI and in January began Maya. So half the characters are modelled in XSI but when we got into Maya, I was much more comfortable modelling in there. But everything is animated in XSI. I'd like to become fluent in both packages and right now I don't know how to animated or rig as well in Maya.... maybe that'll change when I get a job after grad show though. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.