PDA

View Full Version : Ncloth non-swing constraint needed

Podunkly
06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Hello all.
Thanks in advance for reading this. So, im attaching a skirt to a belt on a skinned / animated character, I've manage to wrangle the cloth down to act the way id like it to, but i can't find a good setting for the Nconstraints to keep the skirt / belt attachment points nice and stiff. I use the "point to surface" constraint. With default settings the skirt seems to swing from these constraints like their on strings. I have tried the "weld" setting instead of spring, and the skirt jumps up to the belt on the first calculated frame causing unwanted motion. I have tried playing with the strength and Tangetial strength settings with no luck in stiffining these points to the belt. I just cant seem to find a way to stop this swinging effect from the constraint points. I've also tried the "rubber band" settings still with no luck.

My question to all of you (or possibly duncan =D) is how do i setup a constraint on the top of this skirt to keep these verts inside the belt and hidden from view? I need a way to get rid of the swinging effect, or possibly a new constraint to use, any advice / tips / tricks that you guys can think of would be a great help.

Thanks =D

Student TD

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.