PDA

View Full Version : re:cartoon kid vid

cresshead
05-31-2008, 11:18 AM
http://www.luxology.com/store/training_series10.aspx

looks interesting but the samples fail to load up..i just get a quicktime window thrown up and then nothing happens...no percentage of file loaded...nothing...

i'd like the see the demo vids before i buy...i just wish lux used a download link rather than this flaky pop up window rubbish..we have no idea what's happening and just turns me off for persuing it further.

the character in the stills looks good but i'd like to 'see' a clip and then decide if the training is going to put me to sleep or be a good training in the video.

http://www.luxology.com/store/images/Series10/hdr_cartoonkid.jpg

cresshead
05-31-2008, 11:27 AM
looks like there connection over to the u.k. is a bit slow...i left it and made a cuppa tea...video finally came in!

would be better if they had a download percentage so we KNOW something is actually happening and not just look 'frozen'

training looks okay btw..the trainer is english and speaks clearly so i think i may just get this even though i;m not a modo user [3dsmax zbrush and lightwave]

cresshead
05-31-2008, 01:27 PM
update> decided to buy it!
downloaded now and i have just watched the first video..pretty good vid so far and shows of modo quite well i think...i think you'd need a few weeks using modo before trying to follow along as there's a whole host of tools he uses, quite few seem to be like the polyboost and illusion catylist tools for 3ds max whilst others are more like lightwave or zbrush..

intesting stuff...will continue with vid 2

3dj
05-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi, yeah I bought them too. Great stuff for sure. Andy does an excellent job. I love the way he works and it shows the power of Modo very well. I have watched all but the last one yet and I plan on going back and watching and building along side just as soon as my shiny new Mac shows up :-)

-Jim

crockett
05-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Just leave the window up, and do something else if you need to. It should start playing after a while. I noticed the same thing on the videos that it doesn't give you any idea how much is downloaded.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2008, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.