PDA

View Full Version : XSI Animation Layer Question

Nodixal
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey guys, I exported an animation preset, i was wondering if there is a way to import it back on an animation layer? each time i try only way i can do it is to import it on the base layer.

tc
06-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Layers are nothing else than actions in the animation mixer.
So you can work with layer as you do with Clips in the mixer. To have a layer exported you need to export the layer as an action.

- select the object that has the animation layer.
- open the animation mixer (alt+0)
- you see the layer as a yellow clip, select it
- animate > import/export > export action
- type the name of the eani file (this will behave as an animation clip from now on)

now you open the mixer of the object you wanna apply that layer, and in an empty animation track you right click and "load source from file" and you are done.

shadowedge
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Costa,

useful info bro, thanks!

Since were on the topic, I wanted to post this additional inquiry about sources and referenced models.

You see, in one of my current projects I use a lot of referenced models, and frequently save their actions and re-use the clips for other copies of the ref model.

I've been having trouble tho since I got 6.5. There is this error message saying that it cant re use the clip due to redundancy or something., I'll give a follow up post when I get the exact error message a little later.

But the thing is, this wasn't happening when I was doing it in 6.1 and 6.2. Any ideas?

thanks

J

EDIT: The error message reads "Mixer is currently evaluating - Cycles / Re-entrancy not supported"

tc
06-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't think I've ever had it...
6.5 had a lot of bugfixes on deltas. This is probably why you are getting this message in 6.5 and not on 6.0x.

I'm not sure but it sounds like a cycle checking issue.
Check what your delta is twelling the refmodel engine do with clips (for example if you are removing an existing clip and evaluating expressions on the clip at the same time etc...). Also check what you already had in the Mixer of that specific model, to see if theres any conflict or possible error on your delta setup.

Apart from that, if this isn't causing you any trouble, just ignore it.
One thing you should do is export your deltas from time to time. So if in any case your Delta break or stop to work, you can import it back to the stage where it was working.

If this is a big problem, send the scene to support@softimage and they will take care of it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2008, 08:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.