PDA

View Full Version : Component Editor Question

GiantG
05-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi there..

I haven't understand why the Slider und and the numeric slider input field is sometimes greyed, although i can put values in the cells.
When i close the Editor and reopen it they are available. And then after some tweaks it locked again.
I don't know what causes this lock.

Any Idea?

http://www.kernphase.com/_temp/coed.jpg

seems to have something to do with "absolute" and "relatives" values...

thxs

Eeria
05-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I find that happens when there's only one component loaded (which pretty lame). If you load mroe than one, and select the cells in a column, that slider becomes editable.

Eeria
05-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh, also in terms of input, if you select the column (by clicking on the bone name) and input a value in that field all the way to the left, it add or subtracts the value you input to all the components. If you select the actual cells (don't select the 'Hold' cells, just the ones with values) and enter a value in that same spot, it sets all the values to that number.

The component editor has unfortunately gone down the toilet with each version of maya. It's getting more and more quirky to use.

GiantG
05-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Eeria...

Yes I know that sometimes selecting more than one cell makes the inputfiels editable.
I know the other things you mentioned as well...

So thats just buggy and there no reason for it? Seems so unfortunately...

Thxs anyway ;)

GiantG
05-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I found out, that the More Max Influenzes you Set the less this happens...
With 3 or 4 Bones per Vertex it seems to work better.

Bud anyway crappy at all ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2008, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.