PDA

View Full Version : Weight Tool

RobGalanakis
05-30-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm building a replacement weight tool at work, and have one significant problem. Well since the weight tool seems to be written in C++, I can't go in and modify it as I'd originally hoped (if I am wrong, please let me know, it would have made life and would make future things much easier). The only functionality I have not been able to replace is the listbox changing the info when you select a new vert. Is there some callback/change handler I am not seeing or not understanding correctly that I can use to refresh the bones in the weight tool listbox? Or is there some other way around this problem where I can approximate the functionality?

BTW, the weight tool is that 'toolbox' that pops up on the Skin Modifier when you hit the wrench-icon button.

PEN
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I haven't looked as I don't have Max on this machine but you could go with a catch all callback using the viewport redraw callback. I had to use this for my transform editor to catch everything that I needed. Might make it slow unless you do some extra checking so you are not constrantly parsing all the data. Maybe some one knows a beter callback that will work on vertex selections.

RobGalanakis
05-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah I've used the redraw views callback as a workaround before, somewhat of a hog though, even with a very early if statement to determine whether to do anything or not. But alas...

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2008, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.