PDA

View Full Version : trouble with dispersion

dpqstudios
05-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I've tried a few methods to do a dispersion while having the mesh slowly disinigrate. So far I use a gradient map on multi-sub material, but I was wondering is there an effective and faster way by now? My problem is that I want to use a deflector to get more control of where I want it to disperse, but because of the material it only goes a certain direction. Any tutorials or more info would be totally cool. I tried the search and couldnt find anything thats why Im posting this. Thanks.

CapitanRed
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
you could create a own map with particles that react to your deflectors. then use this map for opacity on the mesh.

dpqstudios
05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Cool! How can I do that? Can you be a little more specific? Im hoping for this thread to help others when they search problems relating to this too. Thanks you rock!

CapitanRed
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
hehe...do I? :D
All you have to do is create enough particles on your mesh facing the camera, must not be this camera you will render the final animation. but should be a camera in the scene. and make them selfilluminated white. no lights in scene. then, when the deflector hits them, make them be selfillumintaed black.
then take this rendered sequence and use it as alpha for the opacity mapped from the same camera and render again with your colors and lights and everything. then render your dispersion and do composition.

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.