PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Image

TimBjork
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/186702_1212079943/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/186702_1212079943/1024bound)Well, my second image. Please crit !

SFedor
05-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Very cool concept and I like the over all look of the piece. Personally I think you should add some space between the character and the reflection, so we can see the whole face in the reflection or at least most of it. It looks like he's playing with his nose or making some sort of face, being able to see this in the reflection could heighten the humor. From a technical stand point, the only issue that's bugging me is the hair shadow or reflection on his scalp appears to be too bold and is distracting.

TCPortfolio
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Very cool FUSION between the 3D and 2D! Love the conept very much. I have a small crit: the robot's arm should be the other one in the mirror; and really, you should see both, unless that is only his neck in the mirror. It also seems that his head is a little to narrow in the mirror compared to the 3D. Anyway, I love the piece, and keep up the good work. Very cool idea.

TimBjork
05-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Thank's for the comments guys really appreciate it :)

Will se what I can do too fix the flaws.

lynch
06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
when you do these images think of what nvidia would use as an ad maybe on the website or even to promote a video card you gotta have a more professional approach to image creation ...think of the compostion colour and the final rendering look....the face of design has changed everything is very clean ....someting like your peice for eg ...you have the opportunity to use some very nice reflections you could play with the emptiness in the room to give it more of a surreal feeling of floating.......you definately should not have put the focal point right at the back of his head maybe he should be more off to the right....but most important for all these images ive seen ...you should make it so they look good from small ... thats where the impact should happen... think of the ads on cg networks most of them thrown of to the side and cropped but there interesting enough to wanna click on at that size...expose 6 ad for example, with lindas tutorial.

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.