PDA

View Full Version : Trouble w/ Displacement. MudBox+XSI

wavez
05-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I've attached a screen shot showing the problem I'm having. I'm continuing to work on this, trying to find a solution, but I thought I should post a picture to see if someone might be familiar with this issue and could offer advice.

The mesh is pretty smooth at sub-D level 1 and renders quickly. I find it interesting that the model has this much detail in the render but still looks polygonal.

I've looked through tutorials and the reference manual that I have.

I'm using a 32-bit FP map. With some settings I notice a lot less detail present, even though I subdivide the mesh up another level. I also notice seams along the UV seams.

wavez
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I've uploaded a ZIP archive with my SCN and TIFF image file. The image is 32-bit, measuring 2024x2024, so the ZIP file is 10.2 MB.

www.renderrob.com/venom-pics/crab-thing.zip

wavez
05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
I forgot to include that I am using XSI 5.0.

I spoke with someone using XSI 6.5 and he said the files render fine for him, so maybe I'm just out of luck.

ThE_JacO
05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
5 had some displacement issues that could turn out exactly like that.
I know it sucks as far as advice goes, but your best bet right now would be to upgrade :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.