PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen, Maciej Matysiak (3D)

machichi
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/166536/166536_1212051958_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/166536/166536_1212051958_large.jpg)

Title: Kitchen
Name: Maciej Matysiak
Software: CINEMA 4D, Photoshop

My first attempt in interior design and rendering. Only rendered in Advanced Renderer. Don't have an extern renderer ;-)

Comments are welcome as always.

ErvenFernandez
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Nice work,

My initial feeling is that it's a somewhat awkward perspective.

I feel that the scale is off here and there i.e. the fridge looks tiny on that wall but those lights above the island look massive!

There's just soo much white, don't think I've ever seen so much empty space in a kitchen.

The stone texture needs some depth, as it's very flat at the moment.

Your ceiling needs some sort of bump or texture too, also very flat.

I think if you addressed these issues I don't think people would notice you didn't use an external renderer as there are shades of true beauty here.

I hope that helps and keep working at it!

machichi
05-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you for the hints, I will put them into practice an try to post the new scene soon.

tdruckenmiller
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
erven has some really nice points and i agree with them all. i also noticed that the island casts a shadow in a sort of way that shows the main light source coming from the windows. but if that is the case, the light isn't linked right and is going through your wall beside the windows. there isn't a change in contrast on the ground between the window and the corner which seems like it should be one of the darkest parts of the picture. lastly, the floor seems to be a bit too reflective. you should try playing with the reflective settings, and see how it looks with them turned down a bit.

good job so far, some really nice parts on this render.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.