PDA

View Full Version : sydney animation school

bugworld
05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,
I can really use some advises here. I got a degree in computer science from Uni and struggling my days in another Uni for a MA in film. But I've never thought that this Uni teach zero 3D animation--they teach film and theory, but nothing CG at all, like I dont see maya running on any machine.
my bad-I was too desperate to get out of computer science and forgot to do enough research. But now I think I can't waste time any more and just too tired to fight alone without going to school.
I'm looking for a decent school in Sydney. Does any school here provide a solid 1 year program just focus on actually doing things? I know how to use softwares already like maya and XSI and photoshop and Zbrush, not very good at them though, but I think I can safely skip all the entry level lessons about what menu does what. I just need 1 more year to sharpen my art sense and approach tutors to rid of many technical hinders that are hard to overcome otherwise for me.
Any information about these kind of schools and programs would so helpful and appreciated.

jtvergarav
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe you watched this before, but if not, check this out

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61327

bugworld
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
no I didn't see that post
althogh its a bit old I actually got the important information I wanted.
Thank you !
and sorry for having not dug further enought...

DaddyMack
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I run the 3d dept at a little college called the Academy of Information Technology, we run an advanced diploma in game dev with a large 3d component over 2 semesters... It may be what you're after, PW me if you want any further info

Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.