PDA

View Full Version : Transparency of backdrop item

rsquires
05-29-2008, 12:54 AM
The backdrop item is really useful but can you change the transparency of it?

rich

edit: Google is your friend.

I did find a small tutorial on backdrop image but it seems counter intuitive.

http://www.modonize.com/FAQs/99.aspx

Why not have image adjustments in the backdrop item properties? This would seem sensible no?

dincija
05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
thf for the tutorial,seems usefull..im putting right now on a model of a house a backdrop image for the background and in the render it doesnt showing the image..so i put a plane and the image on it like teksture..hmm but its not looking that realsitic..how do you make a background?

Martin Kay
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
The backdrop item is really useful but can you change the transparency of it?

rich

edit: Google is your friend.

I did find a small tutorial on backdrop image but it seems counter intuitive.

http://www.modonize.com/FAQs/99.aspx

Why not have image adjustments in the backdrop item properties? This would seem sensible no?

Hi, like a few things in Modo, you have to search around....the necessary components aren't always in the same place.... Go to 'View'/adjust backdrop, and down left side of screen are the standard set of controls for size, position and also transparency. I'm still learning Modo myself- it's worth persevering.

Martin K

06-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I am following Seahorse tutorial and the transprency adjustment for backdrop iten DOES NOT WORK for me.

Martin Kay
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I am following Seahorse tutorial and the transprency adjustment for backdrop iten DOES NOT WORK for me.

Are you sure you are using a proper backdrop item - not just a plane with a map applied?
Use the right hand (I think its that one) drop down menu in the work window to access 'backdrop', from whence you can load or reuse a previous map. Oh, and by the way- a trap I fell into- make sure you select the map, in the window, before you try to adjust transparency, size etc !

Martin K

MikeS369
06-09-2008, 11:02 PM
"O">Background Imagery>Transparency

gobley
06-15-2008, 06:06 AM
@MikeS

This method has always worked for me. And it seems intuitive enough.

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2008, 06:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.