PDA

View Full Version : Fur Problem when importing a character

Vlad Gabriel
05-20-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi Guys,

From a while i've got this fur problem

I'd setup a character and i want to add fur to some parts of the body (eyebrows ,hair,etc)
The problem is the fur is workin quite good except the fact that it wouldn't appear in the rendering.

Same problem happens when i create fur in a new scene .The fur is rendering ok until i import my character in the scene.After i import my character in the scene the fur is not rendering anymore.

If u can help that would be cool.Thank u very much!

Vlad

larryvm
05-20-2003, 07:56 PM
can you say what happend?

the render begin and stop or don`t render, there are a lot of thing that can make the fur render crash, the most is a bad teselattion on nurbs that made the fur file crash.

Vlad Gabriel
05-20-2003, 11:34 PM
So, i create a lofted surface between 2 curves and then apply fur .Fur is cool it works fine , but when i import my character maya renders only the lofted surface. The fur is not appearing anymore.Strange...

webster
05-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Do You export & import on the same computer ?

If not, Is it Maya Complete, is the fur-plugin loaded ?

Vlad Gabriel
05-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Well, maya is Unlimited and the fur plugin is loaded and yes is all done on the same computer and i can't figure what the problem would be.:(

larryvm
05-21-2003, 06:39 PM
can you open the script editor, make a render and tell us what say in the output?

is the way to see if the fur render start and when in the process stop the render

Vlad Gabriel
05-22-2003, 09:11 AM
I think the problem is at the Fur Description.The are a few fur descriptions that are not in use.

larryvm
05-22-2003, 01:52 PM
sometimes when you import or reference an scene the fur render globals are import too, look if there are more than one fur render globals and if they are set to render.

Vlad Gabriel
05-22-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna try this! Thank you very much for your time!

Doogie
05-25-2003, 07:09 AM
basic guesses are... is the plugin active? and are you using a different renderer? Fur & PFX only render in maya.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.