PDA

View Full Version : Maya export to Motionbuilder?

johnnynightlife
05-20-2003, 01:11 AM
i just bought motionbuilder, downloaded the fbx plugin, but now i cant understand how to tell maya to use the fbx plugin? so now i cant export nething into motionbuilder, antbody have the same problems?

SheepFactory
05-20-2003, 02:15 AM
did you load the plugin under plugin manager?

And how is this related to rendering?

johnnynightlife
05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
well, i guess its not at all related to rendering, but i posted a thread under motionbuilder, and that didn's help, so, i thought the problem might be related to the way i'm plugging it into Maya, and, well.... i dunno, i'm damn frustrated though!

GrafOrlok
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
When installing the FBX plug you are asked which applications you use. Obviously you pick Maya 4.5 (or whatever version you have, don't know if it is available for 5 yet). Go to plugin manager in Maya and check loaded and autoload. Then when exporting/importing you'll get to choose the .FBX file format when opening the option box.

Chappo
05-20-2003, 09:48 AM
I know kaydara's fbx is not supported for Maya 5 (yet), but is it really compatible with maya 4.5 ??
I have noticed many 'faults' and also in the compatibility chart i could only select maya 4 instead of 4.5.

Or is it also for 4.5 ?

GrafOrlok
05-20-2003, 01:40 PM
There is an update for 4.5 but I just remembered there was some issues with getting it to run...

Oh, here's the thread about that: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47380

Seems you have to manually put it in the right plugin folder.

johnnynightlife
05-22-2003, 01:33 AM
ok, somebody was nice enough to mention the file path was very important, and that is what it was. I guess sometimes the FBX plugin creates a different path that won't allow activation within the plugin manager inside MAYA

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.