PDA

View Full Version : skin cluster use components problem

theflash
05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
I am adding curves as influence in the skin cluster. However I need to turn on the Use Components on in the skin cluster nodes to let CVs affect the skin. However as soon as I turn it on the model becomes black without going into painting mode. This is highly irritating because I cant see the deformations on the texture I have.

One way I found was to change hardware texturing option from the viewport menu. This allows me to see the texture, but this looks very different and over exposed so I cant see the deformations properly.

Can anybody help me with this viewport rendering issue? Thanks.

NPuetz
05-28-2008, 04:02 AM
I had that same problem not too long ago. I believe i did Normals -> "Set to Face" and than just deleted non-deformer history to get rid of it. Not quite sure why this occurs though. Hope this works for ya

theflash
05-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks a lot man. It helped me. I did the same and then I did averate normals to get back to what I had before turning on component mode in skin cluster. It looks like it does something to the normals after turning on that option.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2008, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.