PDA

View Full Version : Motion Builder Posibilities!?

kpalazov
05-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Greeting to the MB peeps:)....recently I have become aware of this software and am contemplating at the moment how it could fit into our pipline.

I would be very appricative if anyone here would be able to answer the following questions:):

- Am I able to animate a model in MB , import back into maya and use the motion data for the skeleton to place , say, bones and skin algorithim over the skin for new deformations....while stil using the animation genereated from MB?

- Is it possible to animate a body of a character in MB...model the deformations of the face in maya...and then combine the two together as one whole character?

-Can I use a custum rig say from maya to animate a character in MB?

Thank you very much for any replies...

all the best

Kiril

kpalazov
05-22-2003, 09:07 AM
HI again....Although I do not require a reply I wanted to ask maybe if there was a reason for its absence...Am I perhaps asking a question that has been spoken about or is it just impossible to do the things I am talking about???

Thanks

Kiril

Anadin
05-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Okay, I am new to MB and have not used Maya since v3.

So I can only answer one question for sure, you can create a rig in Maya and then you can manually link your rig to the MB rig. All that means is that instead of auto characterizing in MB, you manually do it. You still get the benefit of MB.

As for mixing the MB animation and the Maya face stuff, I think that is fine even though you can bring in the face morphs to MB if you want and do the face animation there too if you want.

As for your first question - sorry don't know.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.