PDA

View Full Version : Searching ideas for an art group

Pages : [1] 2 3

KOKE
05-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Fell free to post any ideas in this thread for the creation of some kind of art group where we can all get inspiration for our works, and trade ideas.

This is completely open, nothing is settled, just the will to create some kind of group.

Good luck!!

:D

unLevel
05-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by KOKE
just the will to create some kind of group.:D

some kind of group...hehe...

I'm in, I'm poor, and I'm a newb :p

KOKE
05-19-2003, 09:53 PM
who is no a newb in this world......:shrug:

Im quite newb too.

hehe.

KOKE
05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Its not as easy as it seems....... but once I get some spare time this is something worth moving.

What kind of group we want??

Any ideas for a name...?

hehe we have time this is not for tomorrow.

:rolleyes: :p

unLevel
05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Not For Tomorrow

:shrug:

oh, and huh?

KOKE
05-19-2003, 10:14 PM
i mean we dont have to do this in a rush

we should take our time to geat goooooood ideas.

:bounce:

unLevel
05-19-2003, 10:14 PM
ok, good, I'm working on a personal site right now...so I can wait...

blindsleeper
05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Im here :)

KOKE
05-20-2003, 12:06 AM
good to see you!!

Lets see what can we do....:p

I will go to bed now as its nearly 2 am here in Barcelona :eek: , and I have university tomorrow.......hehe.

Maybe I can dream a good idea.

unLevel & blindsleeper: try to come up with some ideas

:beer: :eek:

unLevel
05-20-2003, 12:20 AM
ok, we need:

-super awesome name that might imply the logo design, that way I don't have to make some sort of "vague" graphic for the logo (see avatar for example)

-need hosting (when we come up with a name, we shoudl try www.f2o.org they've got a mysql database which we'll need if we make a forum and/or blog

-a php/mysql coder (for that forum/blog, and the site)

I got an idea bout the site, we can take turns, and kidna do a tennis thing so that we can all work on it, then when we get happy with it, slice it up and pass it on to our coder, then skin the forusm...

I can find some examples of art groups, and that'll give us some ideas, k?

unLevel
05-20-2003, 12:24 AM
art groups:

http://www.fourbysix.com/
-4x6-photography art group, releases photos reguraly

http://www.acid.org/
-acid.org-digital art group, kinda does abstractions, as do a lot of art groups

http://www.artpolitic.org/
-ArtPolitic is a group of artists who have come together in order to bring to light social and political issues that we have deemed important

waterhycinth
05-20-2003, 12:40 AM
I don't mind helping but my art skills aren't the best but i could possibly learn....I also know html so we can do an html prototype when we get the first release for the site out....sounds like fun...and not too work laborsome...hehe...:bounce:

do0d
05-20-2003, 12:47 AM
count me in!!!.. but i dont know any html or programing stuff hhehe.. just with the art part.:D :D

unLevel
05-20-2003, 01:03 AM
that's more than fine do0d, we'll need plenty of that "art stuff" sono enough ;)

Now, on to ideas!!!

-name: envisioned, visioned, visionaries,...
-purpose: we skin forums, namely invisionboard forums, where each skin is a piece of art, or something...

-name: board, or something cool
-purpose: we skin all types of forums, and when we do a public release, we have the skin converted for all different types of forums, ibf, phpbb, vbulletin, etc..

I know, this is an art group, I just htought that maybe a forum skinning art group would be cool, though it we have to fix our art into headers, and into buttons...

just an IDEA, ok?

a few cool-sounding words, thought I'd just throw a few around:

desolation
habitation
undiscovered
comfortable hazards
enduring
uprising
distorted
synthetic
abstraction
synthesis
forsaken solitude
escaped
mass hysteria
opportunity lost
evassisve
blurryvision
hinderence
surpassed
hallowed ground
sleepless
sheltered

if we dont sue any of these, we can use some of them for "themes" for our releases, eh?

and... a few 'phrases' while I'm just htinking:

same beginning, different ending
experiment with reality
results may vary
watch your step
off the edge
step on cracks
random musings

KOKE
05-20-2003, 01:18 AM
this is starting to move.......

(Yeah I cant sleep....insomniac or something)

Skining forums is ok, but i dont want to get stuck just with that, I was thinking about something more open artistically.

Anyway skining forums could also be one of our jobs ( I havent done it ever, so I dont know how it works...:p )

Cool images, art concept etc... that can get us moving.

About the names they sound great, but just let me some time to think about others my self and then we put them together and we all decide.

This time Im going to bead i swear!!!!

keep going unLevel, it sound great to me.

By the way >>> Welcome Do0d!! start bringing some ideas ok? we need artists!!.
:applause:

KOKE
05-20-2003, 01:19 AM
grrr :annoyed: seams i cant spell bed correctly

unLevel
05-20-2003, 01:37 AM
alright, you da man!!

oh, and I have hte PERFECT idea for a layout: http://www.frozensmoke.com/

it's perfect, with a few adjustments...hehe...like a new design...but I like the layout, and the way they have a random art on the bottom, that would work really well for us!!

anywho, we can take our time, just everynoe THINK of things, k?

blindsleeper
05-20-2003, 01:59 AM
frozen smoke reminds me a bit of 2 advanced (http://www.2advanced.com) but its a great layout ill have to agree. ive got a lot of work to do as im trying to get a concept done for my friend by friday... if ya wanna check it out its here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61792) anyways... i can do html, and layouts as well so i can help all ya need, of course there's always 3d modelling and photoshop work i can do, just not that great with coming up with base ideas most of the time.

unLevel
05-20-2003, 02:32 AM
hehe, who wouldn't mind being as remembered as 2advanced?

we don't have to go with blue, I'm thinking black and chrome, I could probably go ahead and make something, if someone wants...then we could pass it around...

JIII
05-20-2003, 02:40 AM
this is a cool idea,

but what on earth is the vision. are we trying to be like everyone else or anti establishment, or just alone and tripping and not giving a damn or what?

just a thing to ponder over.

unLevel
05-20-2003, 02:42 AM
I don't know what our purpose is, good thought, JIII, as always...

I guess just hang out, make art, make mroe art...repeat

TheFreak
05-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Yea count me in. I can do HTML and Flash and i'm in the process of 3D :)

As for a purpose i think we will have many but it would be fun to have a group of like minded people ready to share ideas for projects and techniques and concepts to get you there.

help each other out with folio work and basically help the members of the group move forward in the CG industry.

i know that this happens here but we could aim for a more organised fashion.

But i'm in anyway whatever we decide :)

:applause: :applause:

KOKE
05-20-2003, 09:44 AM
I guess that the beginnig will be a bit caotic, and we will start using other peoples ideas, but with time we will develop our own style and ideas.

Ive never done something like this before so Im a bit lost about how to start it, but I think it can be done if we all work together and bring some good ideas.

As for the name (very important), I guess we could try looking for something that sounds - new , dynamic easy and fresh-

Dont know....a quick try>> KubbiK mind???, FreeDoom?? Im not very inspired today!!! :shrug:

we should make a brainstorm for the name.

For the colour scheme, black and chrome is ok.
I also tend to like combinations of white and grey or also blue tones.

got to get back to work...... I will post something soon.

:p

for the new ones >>> great to have you in , welcome to this -emerging family -

:beer:

unLevel
05-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by KOKE
got to get back to work

seems like you got the leadership part down pat:p

I'll see if I can't wip up a layout real quick, I've got some ideas, but it'll depend on how many people we have, are we setting a limit, open to all?

didn't I hear someone say "in an organized fashion" eep..*runs away

unLevel
05-20-2003, 12:00 PM
first attempt with layout, give crit, oh, and THIS IS ONLY THE LAYOUT, I'm much better at webdesign, really I am...

Now, this layout if for 8 people, and if you guys want, we can make it flash(y), but, I'm thinking if we really are serious, we need a php coder who can work with me or whoever and skin it and skin a forum, so it'll look uber nice ;)

KOKE
05-20-2003, 02:18 PM
I like the layout unLevel, I think it will serve good for the web.

About how many people joining our group, i think we should let everyone who wants to work in the project, at least for now.

Think that more people is the same as more ideas, we can make some kind of small art community or something.

I know nothing about php coding, so I cant help on that.

Im mostly a 2D and 3D artist student, who knows something about basic web page construction.

I can work with Flash and Dreamweaver, but actionscript, java etc are not my strongest points.

So it seams that the web construction thing is mostly yours unLevel and from any one willing to help (waterhycinth , TheFreak , myself:D and so on) .

I can help with the images and so, as I can move quite well around Photoshop and freehand.

for anyone interested my mail is : jorgek@e-milio.com

Only one day old and its starting to move.....yeah

:buttrock: :applause:

unLevel
05-20-2003, 02:40 PM
hehe, ok, I'm in charge of design!!!wheeee!!!

I have NO coding skills, I just make pretty pictures...

I can get started tomorrow, hopefully, I'm in the middle of a postnuke skin for a friend: http://unlevel.f2o.org/gamespot2 *shameless plug..hehe..*

JIII
05-20-2003, 04:51 PM
hmm yeah we have gotta chose some weird german word. Like the DaDa people, they had a great name. just some german word I think.

I am mostly 3d learning 2d slowly.

unLevel
05-20-2003, 05:40 PM
hey, I just thought of something, the number of people doesn't matter, cause if we have more than 8, I can just make another row and make hte site longer!!

ok, if everyone agrees that the layout is OK for now, I can get to work..

any requests on style? dark/bright? oh, I don't think I can do grunge :rolleyes:

oh, and I can keep you guys updated via pm's so I don't pollute this thread with my art (enough of that on mycgsearch thread, eh?)

also, I work kinda slow, kinda fast, it just depends when I can sit down and work on it, and depending on how much inspiration I can get ;)

anyone: if you have any sites that you like, just pm them to me, I'll see if I can't incorporate some colorschemes or layouts into it...

blindsleeper
05-20-2003, 06:53 PM
unLevel, I can do the coding if ya get me the images... i can work on any images you might need as well

unLevel
05-20-2003, 06:56 PM
blindsleeper, you know php/mysql?

cause if we do this, and do it right, we'll need to go full out, with everyone their own blog, a nicely integrated forum, maybe shoutbox, a way to post comments under images on the gallery, etc...

hehe, have I scared you yet?

blindsleeper
05-20-2003, 07:54 PM
lol not scared... just something id have to pick up along the way... got a couple friends who know php quite well and from what ive seen of mysql its not much different from v-basic. i do know html/flash pretty well so got us covered there

unLevel
05-20-2003, 08:02 PM
well, here I am, already slowing down the "team"/"group" I have to be honest, I haven't even started on the design :rolleyes:

I've got a few ideas, maybe we could do more than one skin, or something...hehe.e.

I'm debating whether or not to put our profiles on teh front page, might scare people off LOL

so, what do you guys wnat on the frontpage, and a name might help some logo ideas..hint, hint...

KOKE
05-20-2003, 08:13 PM
yeah we need a name and fast!! :D

For a couple of weeks I will be occupied with exams so I wont be able to do much work on this:hmm:

Anyway I will try to come up with some kind of pre design of a logo or something......just have to find the time!!!!.

As for the profiles being on the front page, maybe we should create some kind of link to a section where we have the profiles.
That way we have more space at the front page.....so what do we do with it???.

maybe we should get a name that has no sense at all, something like a number.... I dont know maybe 77 design or whatever.

When we get the name I will start working on th logo an -corporative image- .
Then we should all show what we have and decide.

Want to laugh?? chack at www.waxy.org the star wars kid thing hehe Superb!!!

unLevel
05-20-2003, 08:24 PM
hey, all I need is a name, I can do a logo, we could do different logos, or maybe we should all try, then vote on the best, or all of us pass it around or something...dunno

think people!!

"what is in a name?
is that by which we call a rose,
by calling a rose by any other name,
is it still a rose?"

hehe, made me think of a name for a site I found a long time ago: Identity Crisis

WithoutaName hehe....wheeeeeeee....

binary design...

I dunno, I stink at this...

KOKE
05-20-2003, 08:37 PM
how about -User105- (or whatever number ), sounds technological and quite impersonal, as the internet is.

We could try to play around that concept of loosing identity.

Thats my first try

KOKE
05-20-2003, 08:40 PM
or how about

-NO iD desig-

¿?

its hard to come up with somethig.

unLevel
05-20-2003, 08:42 PM
an0n0m0us

KOKE
05-20-2003, 08:48 PM
nice try, but it ounds to me a bit like platypus or something

hehe

Platypus is not such a bad name after all.....hehe sounds crazy.

unLevel
05-20-2003, 08:54 PM
an0n402

hey, I'm just the designer...hehe...
btw, anyone got msn messenger? so I can nag you bout my new(bish) postnuke theme? and constantly harass you all the day long?

blindsleeper
05-20-2003, 09:00 PM
im thinkin user would be a great name... definately got my vote on that... platypus is cool but wouldnt be taken seriously at all :)

"So please - before you think about hurting someone over this trifle of a film, remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the Platypus."
-Dogma

KOKE
05-20-2003, 09:12 PM
how about :

/Mirada/ (means "look" in spanish), sounds quite exotic if you are not spanish.

yeah i have messenger, here it goes:

koke_master@hotmail.com

JIII
05-21-2003, 03:14 AM
I like user105 its got a great impersonal feel to it.

hmm exotic and impersonal gotta make a choice.

of course there is also the obscene. such as

Bise ( not sure on the spelling) but in finnish or norwegian or one of those languages it means crap.

It would make a decent joke.

and KOKE is that orson welles i see in your avatar? love orson welles he is so fricking cool.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 03:52 AM
so, everyone likes user---?

or, any other ideas, or what?
I'll see if I can't get started on a design, I got an idea for the "user---" name, if you don't mind, koke, cause I know you said something bout you doing the logo...

I'll keep you updated, I hope...

oh, while you guys are anxiously awaiting the next horrible layout, here's another little project I'm working on, a postnuke theme: http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/gamespot8

unLevel
05-21-2003, 04:06 AM

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/logoartsite.gif

KOKE
05-21-2003, 01:24 PM
User then!!! hehe but I think that the number looks cool in it, so what number do we choose, 101 like unLevel used for his logo?

I like both 101 and 105, so you choose people:D

We could all try to make our logo and then we choose, so I will try to make mine sometime soon.

Yeah my Avatar is Orson wells, also think he is cool hehe :applause:

unLevel: your post nuke theme is awesome, looks great.

JIII : Ive seen some of your work at the Alienz thread, an also looks great.

if this works we will have some good artist in our group :buttrock:

Im Back to work now..... grrr :annoyed:

unLevel
05-21-2003, 01:27 PM
thanks, koke, glad you liek the skin...

I know the logo stinks, I may work some mroe on it, just waiting for JIII to give me some great critique

depending on how many people get involved, I've got another idea for a layout, and sorry it's taking so long, these postnuke theme things are so much fun to make, I'm almost through with another one, though not as flash:shrug:

I just put hte 101 in like binary or something...

oh, well :wip:

KOKE
05-21-2003, 02:01 PM
My firts try for the logo.

It still needs some work but her it goes.....

unLevel
05-21-2003, 02:06 PM
alright, looks cool!

I have one favor: switch them, have the 101 goign sideways, and the User going up and down, like so:

U
s
e
r

pretty please, I'd just like tos ee what it looks like:drool:

looks cool, though, and feel free to stray from the red color!hehe...

I'm more of a darkgrey/lightgrey color scheme guy myself..hehe..

unLevel
05-21-2003, 02:19 PM
anyone want to donate a "trendy abstract" thing or osmething for a big pic for the front page, and af ew question:

what kind of style are we goign for? mine is more of a techie thing, like that postnuke skin

do we want a splash?

flash or no flash?

any features you guys think we'll need? forum? a comment thing on the gallery? what else?

KOKE
05-21-2003, 03:06 PM
here it goes :D

I dont have any trendy abstract thing right here, but I will try to find something.....

A "Tech look" is ok for me aslong as we can keep a good design going.

Flash: depends for what, though some kind of short intro would also look cool.

A forum or something could also look good, we will deal with contents later, first we have to find what do we want to look like.

:buttrock:

KOKE
05-21-2003, 03:06 PM
here it goes :D

I dont have any trendy abstract thing right here, but I will try to find something.....

A "Tech look" is ok for me aslong as we can keep a good design going.

Flash: depends for what, though some kind of short intro would also look cool.

A forum or something could also look good, we will deal with contents later, first we have to find what do we want to look like.

KOKE
05-21-2003, 03:07 PM
posted 2 times.... sorry :p

KOKE
05-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Ok, this one is easier to read.

just some minor but important changes...

waterhycinth
05-21-2003, 03:24 PM
I personally like....trent (unlevel) wanted me to ask for you to put the whole word "user" inside the zero...

great job koke..:thumbsup:

unLevel
05-21-2003, 03:31 PM
alrighty, looks like KOKE has a great logo going, whereas I, as always, am slow...hehe...

I will try to make the site, really I will, just understand that I'm kinda busy making themes :rolleyes:

KOKE
05-21-2003, 04:09 PM
user inside the zero

By the way, I was thinking that User zero sound also quite cool

the logo for that name could be this one but without the 1s

just the zero and the user inside.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 04:11 PM
I'd make the O narrower, but good idea...

hey, guys, want to see somethign funny: http://www.mediamonks.com/

kinda cool...

KOKE
05-21-2003, 04:12 PM
here is the User zero

I like both, so you choose

By the way if any one wants to make another logo or something feel free to try , we will choose later in that case.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 04:13 PM
you konw, something just came to me..

insteado f hte 1's, make them capital L's, with the first one being backward..what does that spell: LOL, with the first L being backward

I'm not serious, and I don't know why I told you guys, but I think that that idea is kidna funny...lol, anyways...feel free to abuse me now...

rikrog
05-21-2003, 04:42 PM
to name ideas to throw into the mix...

electric soup
(its a potent mix of milk and paint thinners drank by homeless street folk in glasgow) but perhaps a good name for a group of artists of different discipline’s

sprout
a fun name which reflects the idea that the group is for learning and carrier development

KOKE
05-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Electric Soup sounds cool

Paint thinner??, wow thats dangerous!!!!

thnx rikrog!!, if you have more ideas feel free to share them

unLevel
05-21-2003, 06:10 PM
hey, KOKE, I think I added you, but it shows you're not online...

htsmith_7@hotmail.com

JIII
05-21-2003, 06:36 PM
hmm I like kokes better.

unlevel I think your user 101 looks kinda like a starwars bounty hunter thing.

I love the user 101 think hoever i Think with the user inside the O its kinda weird. I liked it better when the user was bigger.

this is moving very fast.

Glad you like the trailer KOKE its currently being textured. Just very slowly.

oohh unlevel I think i forgot to tell you this a while ago. I love that new avatar, pretty darn cool.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 06:40 PM
thanks JIII, glad you like the avatar, it's for my personal site, I'm almost ready to sit down and make me one, finally...

unLevel
05-21-2003, 06:42 PM
speaking of moving fast: people, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!!!

I need ideas, people, JIII, you're good at those, c'mon...

I'm gonna start the design soon, but when I totally goof it up, I just remember I've warned you...

KOKE
05-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok we need to know where and how to host the web page.

I havent done this before, so if anyone knows or haves any advice it wil be extremely useful.

:p :rolleyes:

unLevel
05-21-2003, 07:06 PM
hey, JIII, KOKE, or anyone else, I need some sort of abstract image, take your liquify tool and make me something!!!

it will mostly determine what color scheme we'll use, it'll be chromish (me) and whatever color the abstract is, make it whatever size you want, I can play iwht it...

pretty please? webdesign is easy, but I don't do abstract very well...

blindsleeper
05-21-2003, 07:17 PM
go here: http://www.deviantart.com/view/886855
thats an abstract i did about a year ago

unLevel
05-21-2003, 07:21 PM
that'll work perfectly!

is it ok if I use it for the design?

unLevel
05-21-2003, 07:24 PM
man, with mad skills like that, do you want to design the site?

I think, with this background image, we can do a flash thing, but I don't know flash, I can design a splash, a in-between design, and a finished product design, if a flash guru wants to work with me?

KOKE
05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
im working on it, but it will take some time

KOKE
05-21-2003, 07:31 PM
hey your abstract thing looks awesome blinsleeper!!!

KOKE
05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
I did this in ten minutes during a break, so I still have to finish it but here it goes.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 08:22 PM
I was playing too

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/FusionReactor

JIII
05-21-2003, 08:32 PM
I was gonna add something but man it looks perfect the way it is.

just make sure those images are not too big :)

unLevel
05-21-2003, 08:35 PM
hey, guys, I need to tell you guys something...I can't do abstracts...:cry:

do you guys think I should just kidna scoot along?

I can do the website, if ya want, but websites are what I do:shrug:

unLevel
05-21-2003, 08:37 PM
man, wonder if we (or you) could get this good: http://www.onyro.com/

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

KOKE
05-21-2003, 08:41 PM
www.neostream.com

incredible.

hehe, think we are here to learn!!!, we still have time to reach those levels of design.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 08:49 PM
so, something along those lines for the webdesign?

KOKE
05-21-2003, 08:50 PM
if we can....., could be cool

JIII
05-21-2003, 08:52 PM
http://www.digitalmediadesigner.com/cgi-bin/getframeletter.cgi?/2003/05_may/tutorials/c4d1030506.htm

great tutorial, originally for C4d but can be used in any software.

blindsleeper
05-21-2003, 10:44 PM
if ya guys want i can throw together a few more of those... prolly wont get to it till sunday unless i can make one this evening... sure i can help with the site... i know enough flash to get us by i think as well... ill just wait till the layout has been finalized then ill help ya out unLevel... btw, if any of you need to contact me you can get me on msn @ blindsleeper@icqmail.com it says im always on but im not always there :)

unLevel
05-21-2003, 11:17 PM
speaking of that layout....what do ya'll want?

should I come up with something myself? waaa...I can't think...

KOKE
05-21-2003, 11:43 PM
why dont you try to come up with a draft of the lay out, and then we decide what goes.

We have time to plan all this correctly, so dont worry.

Im quite excited about creating this community or whatever it is, if it goes wrong we havent lost anything and if we manage to make something cool. well it will be cool......hehe

and we can learn quite a lot of things.

This is the first time i do something like this so im a bit lost.

what do you people would like the web page to have??, we sure will need some place to post our work and ideas, and having some kind of online curriculum inside the page could help us in real life.......dont know.

im thinking of the page as a place where we can post anything we want and let us free and develop our artistic minds.
So if I wake up one mornig and decide that cubes are cool, and i write something about cubes, i can sahre it with everyone posting it in the page.
Its called user 101, because im one more of those millions of people connected to the Internet, and I can share my thoughts with also those millions of people that can acces my work even though I will never know them.
We are just one more user of the net.
we can use the web to free our minds, we are not a company and we do it because we want, so we dont need a clear objective (at least from the biginning).

well something like that, Im not very inspired today.

Ok, I got bored and did this some minutes ago, not very useful but can help us get some kind of group image or something.

unLevel
05-21-2003, 11:50 PM
how am I supposed to keep up with you???!! that's awesome man!!

on a personal note: I just want to find a web designer's home to hang out and not be "mocked" on the net cause i use fireworks, instead of photoshop :rolleyes:

So, if you guys will tolerate a newb designer as myself, I'd greatly appreciate it..

Here's a VERY much WIP, and sorry for poor quality, it was 500K on good quality, now it's only 200 :p

Oh, how much of a wip, you ask? hehe, let's just say I usuallydo 20 or so updates on my serious work..

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/2.gif

oh, maker of the abstract: I hope you don't mind, I kinda played iwth it a bit, sorry...

KOKE
05-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Its looking very good!!!. very technological, I like it.

quote:
"So, if you guys will tolerate a newb designer as myself, I'd greatly appreciate it.."

>>> hey we are a team!!, we are all quite newbs here so dont worry.

This is moving fast eh??
hehe

KOKE
05-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Blindsleeper: continue doing some more of those, the look great!!

So you know flash???, goood , we will need some kind of flash content to make us look even more cool and interactive hehe:cool:

well Im going to bed now, exams are near....uuuuuu, dont want to think of them NOOOOO!!! :eek:

hehehe

good nite.

unLevel
05-22-2003, 02:32 AM
hey, KOKE!!!

I finally figured out what I cna do to participate in this art group, since I don't really do abstracts...anywho, let me explain..

-ok, are we goign to have "themes" that we come up with (example: spring) and everyone design according to that theme? if so, I'll work with you guys and your abstract images, and I can take one, and skin our entire site (depending on who the php coder is and how we set it up) with a skin that I'll make with the color scheme of one of the images, as skins and themes and web things are what I do...

don't know, tell me if this is OK, please?

blindsleeper
05-22-2003, 05:12 AM
well all... ill be out for a few days, gotta go see the gf... (oops, havent seen her in about a week and a half) and after that, i forgot to get my internet switched over before i moved so im at the very least not going to be around till monday... unless i find a computer to chill on... neways... i should be back on monday... cya all then

JIII
05-22-2003, 06:12 AM
KOKE what font are you using for the words user 101 and continue?

here is a little thingy I cooked up just to see if I could do abstracty things.

http://www.metafex.net/~j3/myabstract.jpg

unLevel
05-22-2003, 01:03 PM
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/3

give me some ideas, please..hehe...I think I'm going to do another design, one more my style, but I can continue to work on this one, if needed :wip:

unLevel
05-22-2003, 10:25 PM
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/4.jpg

how bout this?

I'm gonna "steal" you guys' images to make some fake content, and talk to brent, my html helper (waterhycinth here) and see if we can't make a html demo thingie for you guys..

are you happy with it?

or what?

btw, does anyone think we can work on that logo some mroe?

I think we need some sort of symbol type thing to add to the text...just an idea...

what do you guys think?

KOKE
05-22-2003, 11:20 PM
UnLevel >>> Great job!!

JIII >>> Its called "nasalization", its one of those font you find on the internet.

We will continue work on the logo.

if you want it, just let me your e-mail or something to send it to.

Blindsleeper >>> tomorrow i will add your MSN to my contact list, so dont worry if you receive a message and you dont know who it is hehe.

well thats all for today folks!!!.

Thing will start to slow a bit from next week as i start exams, but if you guys have time, continue working or at least bringing up new ideas ok??.

KOKE
05-22-2003, 11:22 PM
JII I forgot!!! , the image looks great!!!

it looks a bit like a sixties thing with all that colour

unLevel
05-22-2003, 11:22 PM
tinnnnyyy update...

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/5

what i did:

added a grid thingie behind the logo, made a space fora logo, and played more with the grids on the sides some for more content room

what I plan to do: make a demo of the layout, sometime soon, if my comp will stop goign sooo slow...

unLevel
05-23-2003, 01:32 PM
nother update: http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/6

need some ideas, please...hehe..

KOKE
05-23-2003, 03:10 PM
looks great!!, and it will look even better with some content and images in it.

Nice job

Ok Ive signed in f20.org , but im still waitin confirmation or something.

:bounce: :bounce:

KOKE
05-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Well here I have another abstract image.......they are fun to make!!:D

im trying to give user101 some kind of mystical techi aura...... or something.

if anyone makes more abstract thingies (or whatever you like), just post them so we can have enough material to make a preview of the web page when needed.

KOKE
05-23-2003, 04:37 PM
another one :buttrock:

I seam to be some kind of abstract images factory or something hehehe.

JIII
05-23-2003, 07:20 PM
That last picture of yours is a beauty KOKE, Is that pure 2d or 3d mixed and edited with 2d is photoshop or somthing?

anyway yeah I realized some major flaws with my image. I havent tried anything abstracty for a long long time. I have spent the past 1 1/2 years going for absolute representation.

have got to get back into the habit of "thinking different."

JIII
05-23-2003, 07:21 PM
ohh yeah my emails are pottedpant76@hotmail.com or billgatesucks@hotamail.com

however the billgatesucks one is always spammed over.

unLevel
05-23-2003, 07:23 PM
ok, someone tie koke down, hehe

glad you like it, I'm stuck at what to put on the "sometihng" sections...any ideas?

also, I'll force brent to help me make a html prototype, but we NEED A PHP CODER TO WORK WITH cause we may want a blog, and some other cool stuff that I know can be done, just odn't know how to do it..:shrug:

BooRadLey
05-23-2003, 07:51 PM
hehe, I wonder if unLevel was hoping I'd read this thread :P I can help with a blog if needed perhaps, but I dont know if i'd have time for more than that.

Brad

KOKE
05-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Thnx JIII!!

you are wright, it is a mixture of both 2D and 3D edited in photoshop.

"Thinking Different" is not so complicated, you just have to add some colur, find cool images and do something weird with them, write something and there you go!!!.

Most of the abstract images you find around the web are made up of scratch material mixed together and plugged in photoshop.

:cool:

unLevel >>> Sure I will buy one of those PHP coders at my local store, they are cheap this time of the year.

hehehe.

I dont know anyone that can help us with that, maybe we should ask in other forums or something.

KOKE
05-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Wow he was faster than me!!!

BooRadLey thnx alot, it would be great if you could help us with that.

:bounce: :bounce: :applause:

waterhycinth
05-23-2003, 08:15 PM
wow some great activity into this project..hehe....hey koke i liked your the first of the two abstract thingies you posted earlier and brad welcome...hehe...i know you from somewhere don't i? lol...anyways...i don't mind to help trent with a html prototype.... i'll see if i can't do some artsy stuff also...not reall sure...maybe pure 3d abstract would add some viraty (sp?) anyways...great job yall!!!:bounce:

BooRadLey
05-23-2003, 08:16 PM
That's right I'm cheap.. working for free :P Just get unLevel to keep me updated with what is needed if you guys want a blog, and I can probably get something going at some point. I'll track this thread too.

Brad

waterhycinth
05-23-2003, 08:17 PM
yeah brad!!! hehe.....lol :applause:

unLevel
05-23-2003, 08:39 PM
brad, me thinks you and waterhycinth are following me!!!

hehe, that's a good thing, as talented as you are:p

it's not that I need you to make a blog, I found a super cool one, where we can categorize our entries, and I think it's multi-user compatable...I'll need your help installing it...and customizing it...

ooo -middle-of-post-brain-idea: we can have a calender on one of those little boxes that are "something" can we? pretty please?

also, we'll need a thing for on our "releases" or wahtever we call them, we need to have a comments thing, maybe a thing like deviantart where we could d/l them, enlarge them, maybe offer them in different formats, something...

btw, are we just creating art stuff for no purpose? like, will they be wallpapers? or what?

brad, I'll also definetly need your help skinning the forum, thinking we might go with phpbb or ibf, your choice?

btw, KOKE, if we don't get the f2o.org account, we'll think of something, I guess..

brad, the post I wanted you to read was in the cgsearch admin forum!!!go read it!!! hehe...and GET BACK TO WORK ON THAT DEMO REEL!!

KOKE
05-23-2003, 08:46 PM
They have rejected my f2o.org thing. :cry:

They dont undestand art.........:annoyed:

"btw, are we just creating art stuff for no purpose? like, will they be wallpapers? or what?"

>> when did art had a purpose?? hehe

No, we will find something supercool to do, dont worry!!

You know one of those times you know you want to do something and you start doing it even though you dont exactly know what or why you are doing it???, I think thats whats happenig here...

hehe...remember that great ideas and proyects came this way.

waterhycinth
05-23-2003, 08:58 PM
hey koke since the f2o thing didn't work out i know of a host but sadly they don't offer it with mysql for free...but everything else seems fine...if you need help signing up just email me at waterhycinth@hotmail.com

here's the link...
host (http://fh.rbftpnetworks.com)

JIII
05-23-2003, 09:09 PM
http://www.metafex.net/~j3/the%20inferno%20copy.jpg

we be tripping now.

this abstract stuff is fun. its a good diversion from 3D kinds of things.

unLevel
05-24-2003, 01:48 AM
well, guys, I'm gonna make us a wallpaper, as I have to keep up with you guys...

I don't do abstract, but it'll be "art" ....I think..

might start tomorrow, expecting it'll take about 2 days..

oh, is it ok if I put words on my art? I kinda dabble into poetry, and I like to consecrate my art, like my snowballs (hint, hint to all you calvin and hobbes fans)

btw, nice one, JII!!

sorry I'm taking so long with the site, haven't talked to brad, and I'm thinking of trying to ease the load on his shoulders and try to install postnuke, phpnuke, xoops, or e-xoops and see if I can customize it enough that no one will notice that we're using a cms...btw, any of you guys used any of them before, or even know what they are?

Content Management System (cms) is cool, it's a full fledged site thing made with php and mysql, and once you install it, it has the news, gallery, forum, and a ton of other features already installed and all yo uhave to do is register and use...

drawback, they all look the same, I know I can skin it, but the layout changine must be quite hard cause I have yet to see it done...grrr....hehee...

you guys keep making the art stuff, and I'll see what I can do bout us a host too, though I can't garuantee it'll be USER101.something....

unLevel
05-24-2003, 02:17 AM
hey, guys, few site ideas, in case you don't like the one I'm doing right now, please,please, holler and tell me, I'd be more than happy to switch to something else for ya, just TELL ME!!

http://www.allstarr.de/html/index3.html
http://pixelcatalyst.plastiqueweb.com/main.html

JIII
05-24-2003, 02:34 AM
A little problem that I see with the two sites you just posted is that they seem way way to "busy". There are things going on in every single part of the screen and I personally think it makes it a little silly, and hard to look at.

I prefer more simple designs. With out all the razz ma tazz of scrollng things, in the middle of the site.

waterhycinth
05-24-2003, 02:39 AM
do you think the current layout and design is too busy?

the two sites that trent posted were just for ideas if you don't like the current site

unLevel
05-24-2003, 03:43 AM
ok, guys TINY (notice how tiny is in caps, weird, kinda ironic, eh?) update: http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/7

this is pretty much it as far as graphics go, still got rollovers to make, put text on, put images on, and figure out how to code this thing

KOKE, I can host the site on my unlevel.f2o.org account till we figure something out and get it all coded...

speaking of coding...hehe...not sure how to code a thing, but me and waterhycinth can make a html prototype and we can get all the content stuff on for housecleaning purposes...

THEN, we'll either call on brad to help us make it all php (so you can do cool stuff, trust me) and get a forum skinned and integrated (brad, it won't have to be as integrated as cgsearch, I think, depends on how much we can talk you into..hehe...)

JIII, ok, so those 2 sites are ugly, they're just suggestions if no one likes the one I'm making, btw, what DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS DESIGN? We'll probably be changing it with every release, with a super cool themed skin, maybe, but for now, what'dya think?

JIII
05-24-2003, 03:55 AM
they arent really ugly. the art is beatiful. its just that I think there is too much of it really.

in my view, scroll bars inside a page make it hard to read, but thats just my opinion mind you.

okay I did a little paint over on your idea, its just an idea though.

sorry for the compression, I didnt want to use my web space for a huge pic like that. Hope you can still understand whats going on.

unLevel
05-24-2003, 11:17 AM
can you clarify about the calender?

do you want it to be see-through, like you only see the numbers, there's no box? like those on some desktop thingies?

unLevel
05-24-2003, 11:21 AM
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/8.jpg

KOKE
05-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Ok, sorry guys but something fried my computer yesterday, and I wont have it back at least untill tuesday (im using a spare computer I have, but I cant work with it).

nice work unLevel, those sites arent ugly, I like them, but we will do it better than them, ehehehehe (laughing the other way round). :buttrock:

Anyway those sites are a bit what we are trying to do. As you can see they have photography sections, wallpapers ( we can have a 3D section too) , links to interesting sites and so on....

We can use them as guides.

UnLevel, ok we can use your account untill we get a solution.

JIII : maybe if we make small scroll bars or something...... but anyway we can always use the space in the boxes to put the important info, and then link to the content of individual sections.

Im not very good at web design, so I dont know....

Hey one more thing...thnx to all for your work, the project is starting to look more "pro" every day that we work on it, I think we can make something cool and good for all.

Guys pray for my HD, I have six month work stored in it, and if I loose it.............wow im dead, i start exams on monday!!!!!

How am I suposed to study without my computer!!!!!

:eek:

well keep smiling :annoyed: oops!! I meant :D heheh.

JIII
05-24-2003, 11:14 PM
hmm didn't really think about it much unlevel. I would say go with another transparent box or a scrolling news thingy, if we can get one ;)

JIII
05-26-2003, 03:18 AM
just a little experment, I call it spectral vision.

http://www.metafex.net/~j3/spectral%20vision.jpg

BooRadLey
05-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Hey, my girlfriend drew a rather abstract picture awhile ago, here it is, hey unLevel, I hope you don't mind me putting it on your f2o account he he he.

http://graphite.f2o.org/images/Brandi_sArt.jpg

Brad

KOKE
05-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Nice work both of you!!

Lets see if we can finish the web page , so we can have someplace to hang our work.

Im looking for a good place to sign an account so we dont use unLevels web space, but im not very good at Internet things, so I dont realy know what exactly to look for.

If anyone find something, please tell us!!!!.

I left today my PC to the technical service, so if im lucky and they are good workers maybe I can have it for tomorrow!!!.

unLevel >>> Do you need help with graphics, pictures or whatever for the web page???.

As I said before I hate coding, so i cant help with that, but if you need any help with graphic stuff just tell me.

I will work slow for a couple of weeks, but I will try my best.

unLevel
05-26-2003, 01:27 PM
ok, ok, sorry for my working sooo slow, I'll see if I can't work out a html prototype soemtime today, btw, is the latest design ok?

if there's anything you guys don't like, holler, please...

oh, and, koke, next time I catch you online, we'll work out the hosting stuff, ok?

unLevel
05-26-2003, 01:53 PM
if only we get this GOOD:

http://depthcore.com/core.php?page=viewpack&packid=Rebirth

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

unLevel
05-26-2003, 05:10 PM
just a bit more work, sorry I don't think I'll be able to get a html prototype up today, something's come up...(funeral)

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/9

BooRadLey
05-26-2003, 06:30 PM
I think the text is too crowded up top there, though i dont know where you'd put it otherwise :surprised

he he that's just my opinion btw.

Brad

unLevel
05-26-2003, 06:49 PM
oops!

I just realized that that stuff is only for vbulletin!

we won't have most of that stuff if we use phpbb or ibf, btw, you think we could try phpbb, brad?

always trying new things, eh? expanding our expertise:rolleyes:

but, brad, you think that that space is OK for putting the links and all the junk stuff that is on most forums, and the login box?

what do you think?

BooRadLey
05-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Hmm, well, I cant get too involved with this project, I cant have too much on my plate he he, but I think the stuff could go up there, but maybe there is some way to shorten it and organize it?

.:: Since last Visit ::.
0 new messages
0 new posts
0 unread messages
etc...

what do you think?

JIII
05-27-2003, 03:29 AM
Hmm i think we should have contests and challenges and stuff like that. I mean how many sites have abstract art challenges? It would be ultra spiffy in my opinion, if we get really lucky maybe some companys would donate some stuff.

just an idea.

KOKE
05-27-2003, 05:53 PM
You know what?, JIII is right, having contests could be cool, and can bring movement to the web page.
who knows maybe we can make an amateur art contest that gets lots of people involved, and user101 becomes known webwide.

yea I like the idea!!!.

unLevel, great job, I like the design and all, maybe brad is right with that of having things a bit simpler with all that text at the top.

Anyway I have my computer again, and im happy.

:buttrock: :bounce:

Maybe we should have the text not in black, but in some sort of dark grey colour that goes best with the backgroud.

If you need graphic stuff just tell me and I will start doing some.

It looks cool.

antigomo
05-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Hello Everyone!!

I liked the idea of "Art Group" alot..
i use 3Ds Max, Maya, Flash, Dreamweaver/Notepad, Photoshop, CorelDraw and at times Illustrator ..downloading Plasma now (3D for Web kind of prog)
i also have a server, 300Mb, php and whatever, and mah own domain name - you can use it
i wont give you my password :p but i am online everyday so i can upload stuff or something

blah, i read tru all of your posts in here, 7 pages already!
& i feel so tired now.. :shrug: so i cant think of anything else to say

if you want me, im in ..

KOKE
05-28-2003, 01:45 AM
I just can say Welcome to our little project!!!.

As you know this project has quite an open spirit so....just start shooting ideas.

unLevel is doing a great design for the web page, and well right now we help mostly with ideas and some concept designs ( I suck at coding :p ) .

Remeber we seek learning and having fun showing our work and thoughts, so if you feel you want to join, you are in.

:buttrock: :applause:

3am now, time to go.

waterhycinth
05-28-2003, 02:21 AM
hey koke i may be able to help with the code aspect of the site soon....i currently on like the 4 video tutorial of php/mysql from www.3dbuzz.com it's great!!!....but i am not sure how much i will be able to do since i'm such a beginnner...

JIII
05-28-2003, 03:14 AM
it looks like we finally have web space other than unlevels F20 thingy. sweet man welcome, and 3D for the web if we could pull it off would rock by the way.

unLevel
05-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by JIII
it looks like we finally have web space other than unlevels F20 thingy

yeah, i need my f2o thingie for...taking over small countries...ahahhaha

KOKE
05-28-2003, 03:58 PM
waterhycinth imm glad you are learning some php/mysql, talk with unLevel about this as he at the moment our main webmaster.

I wouldnt know what to do with those codes, so you better talk with Trent for this.

well i did some more abstract stuff bout they are crap so I wont post them.

mmm, if we can get the hosting stuff runnig we may be able to hang something for a test, to see how it looks online.

By the way, you guys thinnk the design of the web page is right or would yo like any other style or something???.

I think this one looks Ok , but you know its also a first try so maybe we have missed some ideas.

So....if you come up with any new idea both for name and design, just say it because we have done things quite fast and although im happy with them maybe we can improve something.

waterhycinth
05-28-2003, 06:46 PM
lol koke sorry i didn't explain who i was...hehe i'm trent's (unlevel's) twin brother.... we don't look alike (thankfully and i bet he would say the same things) although... i know html but still working on that php...but i'm still such a newb and i only know some basic tag stuff now...but still learning...maybe i can finish all the videos...in one video they make a guestbook so that might be helpful on the site.... just an idea...

KOKE
05-28-2003, 11:53 PM
hehe well you know you never go to sleep without learning something new.

Ok thats fine as long as you dont fight each other, cause i have a brother and you know.....hehe

Its great because you can work together easily then.
Finish viewing the videos and dont worry, just try to learn something, and when you finish we will try to use it for the web.

Trent, sorry , I saw you at the messenger but I was out viewing the Champions league final. :buttrock:
Its like the superbowl but with soccer (that we call football) teams here in Europe.

If anyone is interested Milan won the title against Juventus.

I havent done anything today but study and more study, so i can post nothing new.

play it again sam....we will always have unLevels f20 thingie....sniff :p

yeah I know its a bad joke, but im half sleep you cant ask for more..hehe.

JIII
05-29-2003, 12:40 AM
yeah waterhycinth is like a clone of unlevel. Just he posts a hell of alot less.

hmm not much more to post except that I think we should get some sort of website up as soon as possible.

waterhycinth
05-29-2003, 02:49 AM
well i am good at html and if i can see if trent's done with the design i'll try to get around to slicing and coding it....

antigomo
05-29-2003, 10:06 PM
hey!!

err.. unLevel, can you plz post that link to the site you started for the project? i was so tired when i read all that talks that i missed it ... :shrug: and i dont wanna go back...

i would like to help with site's design, really
do any of you have AIM messenger?

waterhycinth
05-29-2003, 10:49 PM
I think trent's going to do a different design for the site....and maybe i can do it in html but i'm not ready for php yet...sorry koke

waterhycinth
05-29-2003, 11:26 PM
ok here's a sortof logo thingy i made...but i'm not liking it now...hehe..... please tell me if you like it or not....also if you think something else other than starting all over again might help it please tell me...

ok here it is:
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/abstract2.gif

JIII
05-30-2003, 03:27 AM
think mr. smith think.

this is called user 101, what does that mean. well its an internet thingy where no one really knows who you are.

its supposed to be a bit souless. so keep things simple.

grey and black and white are all you should use. and the little explosion thing does not say i am souless creature of the internet.

its a good start though.

KOKE
05-30-2003, 12:40 PM
nice try ;)

but im with JII about having the logo representing internet souless beings.

I dont mind changing the actual logo, but i would like something simple and representative.

A good logo is that wich represents what you want to say with the less components.

"say more with less" (just look at nikes logo , dynamic and simple -- perfect)

Our logo should be modern, dynamic, simple (so you can remeber it and recognize it easily) and representative of our ideals.

so...if anyone wants to try, it would be great to have more logos to choose from. :D

I like the 101 thing of the actual logo , its very synthetic and looks technologicaly clean.

As its a simple it can work correctly on many different web page styles.

I know im a bit minimal art fan, maybe because of my artistic education mixed with todays technological values but if you like any other style im not the leader, just the thread starter, we are a democarcy here hehe.

i will try to do some new designs so when we hang the web page we can have some material.

keep bringin good ideas!!!

unLevel
05-30-2003, 01:04 PM
speaking of the site...I can do another design easy, just, where's our host?

antigomo
05-30-2003, 05:33 PM
where's our host?

im here! ..
domain name cost about $30 a year.. i think we should get one when our site is all big and cool
as for now, it can be

user101.anigomo.com

or

yourname.antigomo.com :shrug:

blindsleeper
05-31-2003, 06:36 AM
Hey all, im still around, just havent gotten around to signing up for the internet for the summer (livin in college dorms) and dont have the money for it till the 10th, so ill only be available off and on. unLevel... site looks good, got a few ideas on things which might improve it but cant post right now as i dont have inet.

unLevel
05-31-2003, 12:55 PM
can't wait for those ideas, blindsleeper!! cause I've about run out of my own:p

anywho, some logo work:
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/logowork.jpg

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

JIII
05-31-2003, 08:16 PM
not bad it looks like the fusion reactor pic is gonna be the back ground for the time being right?

or is this going to change peroidicaly?

unLevel
05-31-2003, 09:04 PM
I can throw together a splash, without that abstract thing, to see what it looks like, eh?

unLevel
05-31-2003, 09:11 PM
voila:

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/splash1

JIII
06-01-2003, 02:56 AM
Don't really know if its the right aspect and all, but thats very nice.

got a good souless look to it. You are really getting good at design Unlevel.

unLevel
06-01-2003, 08:59 AM
thanks, JIII, that means a lot!

it was just thrown together to see how the logo looks, I think I'll make a new splash today if I can...

unLevel
06-01-2003, 12:04 PM
la, la, la

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/splash2

:shrug: :wavey:

oh, btw, koke, I've d/l and the nasalization font will work on my old comp, but not my new one:surprised

so, this is made with bankgothic, till I can get the right font, sorry..:wip:

KOKE
06-01-2003, 01:02 PM
its ok dont worry, anyway i used 2 fonts for the logo

Nasalization and swatchit ( you know the swatch watches font) for the 101.

I like how the design is going, your logo also looks quite good.

Im most of the day out finishing projects, so I wont be able to reply as much as i would like for a couple of weeks, but you know..... I have to finish final projects works and exams....

So if you guys have time, keep working as good as you have done untill now, so we can have the web page as soon as posible.

UnLevel, if you need help just tell me, but i dont know how fast i will be able to hand it finished.

See we are all starting to learn new stuff, unLevel is getting better at design im doing experiments with abstract thingies....

good+ :applause:

unLevel
06-01-2003, 01:07 PM
ok, sounds good, I'll see bout maybe making us a coordinating splash/skin or something, like making a skin based off of each of the splashes, naming the splashes, and naming the skins the same thing, so if someone likes one splash, they can find a skin they like too..

btw, I STRONGLY suggest us using a cms (content management system) such as postnuke, phpnuke, xoops, e-xoops, and there's a few others, these are the main ones...

now, mr. host, I can help you, and we can install one pretty quickly, but brent'll have to help us, and they take quite some time to skin nicely...

but, if we get it installed, we can go ahead and register, get some gallery images, start posting on the forums, news, etc...

antigomo
06-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey all!!

i've got that Plasma program i was talkin about earlier (3D for web thing) it's great!

i made a test.. just to check how it works
http://antigomo.com/tryina_plasma_prog.htm
it's sfw (flash) thingy
its too big though (430kb) sorry for you dial-ups
i should have made 'loading' thing, i know, but i was too excited

postnuke, phpnuke, xoops, e-xoops? ook

JIII
06-02-2003, 12:31 AM
interesting dude very interesting.

Now all we need is the whole web site to jump around like mac os x's icons.

unLevel
06-02-2003, 01:53 AM
antigomo, do you ahve msn messneger or aim?

I can help you setup e-xoops, it'll take up about 2 megs, I think, but it'll include EVERYTHING except for the skin(s)

and I can go ahead and make a sketchie thing of what the theme will look like, and it'll take some time to actualy make (I usually make many versions and updates on one design, sorry I work sloooww) but we could go ahead and everyone can register and get settled in (move the furniture, ya know)

antigomo
06-02-2003, 02:04 AM
hey UnLevel :cool:

i have AIM, its antigomo
i kind of have msn too, but i dont use it

i'll try to find that e-xoops prog :shrug: if i dont, i will download it from you or something, ok?

Now all we need is the whole web site to jump around like mac os x's icons

lol, yeah!

antigomo
06-02-2003, 05:26 AM
well, i finished uploading _install :bounce:
*looks at unLevel* err.. i wanna go sleep too

i guess i'll finish tomorrow
ZZZZzzz

unLevel
06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Warning: Failed opening '../language/english/global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 87

Warning: Failed opening '../language/english/admin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 93

Warning: Failed opening '../language/english/user.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 99

Warning: Failed opening '../include/version.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 6

Warning: Failed opening '../include/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 7

Warning: Failed opening '../modules/system/cache/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pub/home/rvs97/user101HTML/_install/include/functions.php on line 8

let's get brent in on this, shall we?

if I'm online today, we'll get it all fixed...

btw, antigomo, http://user101.antigomo.com/_install/index.php is the link to start the online installation, but I'll see if I can't get brent to see what's wrong when he wakes up...:wavey:

don't worry bout it, but just incase, maybe we should re-read the installation requirements:
To make a clean install or upgrade your site,

Simply point your browser to: http://*mysite*/_install/index.php
And then follow the onscreen instructions

--------------------------
Installation Requirements:
---------------------------

A server running:
-----------------
* PHP 4.03 or higher
Register globals can be ON or OFF
Safe mode can be ON or OFF

* Apache/IIS/other

* MySql 3.23.xx or higher
Note: get your mysql info (user, pass, database name) ready
-----------------

* Eventually a ftp client for uploading ftp files
Note: get your ftp info (user, pass) ready

* A HTML 4.01 compliant browser
Suggested: IE 4.5+, Netscape 6+, Mozila 1.0+, Opera 5+, Konqueror 3+

waterhycinth
06-02-2003, 01:39 PM
hey try re-uploading the functions.php in the folder _install/include/functions.php.. i don't think you have to do anything to it because it will check for chmoding of files in the install...if it still doesn't work just reply again and let us know if that file might be corrupt or something else....

KOKE
06-02-2003, 03:30 PM
wow im not made for web work!!, what is this e-xoop thing??? does it bite??.

lol I dont know how to help with this stuff, its your land web-boys, im lost..

:eek: :D

KOKE
06-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Heyy i just discovered that private message thing!!!!,

Sorry Brent and Trent for not replying to your messages but i didnt even knew that thing existed........

sorry................

So as we all meet here quite oftenly i will reply here:

sorry again :banghead:

Brent:
you asked me about how i learned flash...... well although im not very interested on web design i had no other choice but to learn it as i studyat an art scholl that likes more than i do the Internet stuff (im more interested in 3D work).
The best way to learn flash is getting a good thick book if you are not able to listen for 2 hours to the teacher talking about actionscrip.
Then the program itself has great tutorials and finally you can use the web for gathering flash related resources
Flash is not difficult to learn, even I can do some work with it hehehe
Its far more useful than Director (and guess what do i have to study this summer.....yesss Lingo, javascript and actionscript)
:annoyed: :D

www.flashkit.com should help.

I know basic flash, i can do some interactive contents and all that, but i dont enter in actionscript (just cant stand coding)

good luck with it, and if you have any question just ask, this time i will answer ;)

Trent: you asked about 3D software........ so:
I did a summer course on maya but I learned Max at the art school (not as much as i wanted but i still have 2 more years to play with maya now).

At school we do one year of Max and 2 years of Maya ( we only have 4 hours a week for 3D so.... its not much).

what I like of Max is that it is very simple to use (can become very complicated at high level)

About Maya well.......Maya is more powerfull than Max, but a bit difficult to learn at first.
Maya is very well built so once you get to know it you can work very very fast (not me..but ive seen people flying through the user interface).

I would suggest starting with Max and then getting a PLE version of maya to see if you like it (or just use emule and grab a copy....woops never said that. :p )

Summer courses on 3d software are good but you learn less than what you expect if you are a complete newb as i was.
They are expensive too... but still a good way to get started.

Why dont you take a look at www.3dbuzz.com Video training program.......its free.
They will help you get familiar with the software.

Anyway just one suggestion, start drawing and painting and doing creative work because learning to become an artist is far more important than learning the software.
If i wanted to learn only 3D i would had gone to a 3D only school, but i still have time to learn the software after I become an artist.
Drawing should help to get perspective notion and proportions.

again sorry for not answering.
hope it helps both of you.

unLevel
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
it did!

and, don't worry bout it, I had forgotten I had pm'ed you:p

anywho, hope to get the thing up today, and then everyone can go register, and be nice and give us time to skin it, and add super-cool modules!:scream:

waterhycinth
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
hey koke thanks for the reply...

yeah i was more interested in whether you learned flash on your own or in school....i for some odd reason learn stuff that sticks in my brain in a school environment... i took a semester of web page applications which covered 3 weeks for each: flash, dreamweaver, and fireworks...

i learned more of fireworks by playing around in it and i am still learning in flash and amazed by what some people can do with it... i also read a learn actionscript in 24 hours book but it was for flash five and i wasn't really interested because coding books get boring REALLY fast...

i'm currently doing the 3dbuzz videos for php/mysql and for maya and so far it's wonderful...i also wish they had some for flash which would be just totally awesome then :drool:

oh well back to work...hehe

antigomo
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
hey all!! im back :p

i didnt say i finished uploading things, i only said i finished uploading _install folder and was going to upload other stuff later

that's why it doesnt work!

hehe

unLevel
06-03-2003, 02:47 PM
alright, antimogo, when you get done deleting all that mess, we'll get down to soem fun...errr...work, wrok (try saying that, hehe)

when you get that done, if you could make a folder "USER101" or "artgroup" on your harddrive somewhere convenient, it'll be easier for you, trust me!

ok, when you've made a folder, taken a break from all that stress, eat something, watch some tube, browse the internet awhile, I need you to go to: http://download.hostnuke.com/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=45&PHPSESSID=6321c6ed81d4055762592f31c364e9e5 and choose which file would be easiest for you to unzip (a .rar or .zip, those 2 files are the same proggie) unzip it, whichever one you choose, it doesn't matter, and just wait till I get home...ahaha

oh, I'll tell brent to add you to his aol thingie so he can help you, I'm clueless about Postnuke, which is what we'll be using, as it'll be easier to make the 100+ or so skins I'll make in the duration of my membership (KOKE, is it ok if when we start actually starting thematic challenges for the packs of art, that I use some of the earlier-made pieces and base a skin off them, then make that skin the default when we "publicly announce" the release of that pack of art?

example: we decide the first pack will be based off the idea "Beginnings, and the end of past" or something and JIII makes a nifty piece of abstract the first day. I ask him, and force him (just playing) to let me base a skin using that piece. I use the piece in the header and maybe in other boxes, and use that color scheme to skin the site in the time limit set (about 1 month is what I'm thinking, but you're the boss). When we announce (whether here on cgtalk, or some other place) that the art, models, and whatnot for this challenge thing are finished and publicly released, we make the skin that was made for that challenge the default skin, and release the skin for download with the pack of art, since I STINK at making wallpapers, or something...I can also make a splash for it, and whatever other graphics that will be needed for the site re-skin...

btw, are we realeasing the packs free? selling posters of them at www.zazzle.com , the models at www.turbosquid.com or what?

are we goign to make models, wallpapers, icons, textures, WHAT?!

also, if we do models, we might could release them via a free pack through cgtalk (if so, I'll talk to lildragon, or you can, about this)

Just a few things I think needs to be cleared up, sorry I take so long...

KOKE
06-03-2003, 03:14 PM
unLevel, i like your idea of changing skins,
that will make us look quite active, and maybe people would come just to see whow do we look this month, its like fashion!!!! hehee. just changes the moment you by your new shirt.

hehe

About selling things...well im not willing to make profit of my work at the moment, maybe if we decide to make a super project and work very hard and it looks great, then maybe we could try to sell that stuff.........but in my opinion we will go free for now.

If we make good models and people like them, maybe we could talk wit lilldragon, but let me improve my 3d skills first hehe:D

about what are we going to produce.......thats a good question, we will produce whatever we want.
If you decide to make icons and then a wallpaper and then a model its ok.
we will release things and put them in a place where people can look at them an decide if they like them or not.

Doing only wallpapers is boring..the same thing happens with icons and all that.

so if anyone need help just tell me.

Im not the boss, im just the guy that says: hey nice work...keep working hard, yey we could put that over there so it looks nicer and so on we are all bosses here.
Creative people trying to build something for fun.

(beer mixed with lemon fanta and "sangria" >>> the only things that prevent me from disolving, its damm hot here ):cool:

JIII
06-03-2003, 03:16 PM
deffinitely do theposter thingy. I like the idea of actualy exposure, not only will it be a good thing but maybe someday we will dominate the Abstract art field, Bwahhaa hahahaha (mad crazed laughter).

anyway sounds good to me.

our first thingy should be about death cause its gonna be the beginning. Work in reverse and all that, heck I know its weird but its jsut the way i do things.

unLevel
06-03-2003, 03:35 PM
alright, so what dya think, first theme is 'DEATH'

we need a boss who can decide the themes, or we can vote or somethign

whenever we get this thing installed, I'll get the forums up pronto, so we can move things over there, or keep them here, I don't mind a couple 1000 page threads (this and cgsearch, *insert JIII's evil laugh here* I'll rule these forums!!)

*insert JIII's evil laugh here*

:scream:

:surprised

oooo, idea...we could also make a whole set of emoticons for the skisn...btw, we COULD sell the skins, as those are sold often all over the net, all we'd need is soemone with a paypal account, and I don't mind puttign "skin made by USER101" since we'll all work on them, via the art, and crits, of course..

ok, one of you guys make me a uber abstract soon, cause skins take a long time to make if we do them nice, and we WILL MAKE IT NICE, OF COURSE..hahaha

KOKE
06-03-2003, 03:52 PM
death is agood start......

i will try to think something.

Death , life and birth >>>>>>>> we go backwards

If Trent says that skins can be sold.... well we will have to take a look at it, but the main thing is making a god job and getting things online as soon as posible.

JIII
06-03-2003, 08:29 PM
for ideas we should just randomly (or not so randomly) pick some one say evey month to choose.

I think that if we all tried to get together and decide as a group it would be a very watered down compromise kinda thing.

make some one president for a month or something, we can have Rotating presidents.

KOKE
06-03-2003, 08:40 PM
yes maybe JIII is right.

Anyway i was thinking that doing some kind of open art work named :

"show your world"

would be very nice, because we could all take an artistic approach to those thing that make our world (city, house, computer, family etc.).

I was thinking of it being completely open so we could use photography, web art, 2d art, or even 3d.
We could use whatever technique we like best.

Maybe we could just say our ideas for a project and let the president of that month choose.

some kind of artistic democracy.

hehe

unLevel
06-04-2003, 01:23 PM
sounds like a nifty idea "show your world"

btw, what is our theme? who is our rotated president?
aaaa

anywho, blank header design (much, much wip)

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/header

TheFreak
06-04-2003, 02:47 PM
WOW this thing has really taken off, i remember replying several pages ago but i come back and it's like 10 pages long!!!

Anyway i'm still interested to help out. Have we got any definite stuff orgaised yet?

had a look at that neostream site.....just amazing

I have experience in Flash and HTML and ASP. Learning Lightwave but i can model a few basic things, it must mught take me longer than most :)

anyway i'll try and catch up with all the posts but if there is anything immidiate that you are thinking about then let me know.

Ta

unLevel
06-04-2003, 05:58 PM
hey! TheFreak is here! It's now a party!

haha, I love that wip avatar thread of yours, man!

TheFreak
06-04-2003, 06:35 PM
wooohooooo

get the party pants on...

Yea i really must finish that wee guy, i'm just reading Dan Ablans Lightwave book so i might give him another go when i have a bit more knowledge :)

KOKE
06-04-2003, 07:42 PM
I dont have much time now, but.....welcome back yo our little family.

Just start shooting ideas!!!!.

KOKE
06-04-2003, 07:44 PM
it was suposed to say "welcome back TO our little family", but I have a weird keyboard and takes controll over what I write.

hehehe

unLevel
06-04-2003, 09:26 PM
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/header2

JIII
06-05-2003, 03:17 AM
hmm the header almost looks better with out the words than with them.

maybe get rid of some of the lines surrounding the words user 101.

but as usual great work from unlevel :)

KOKE
06-05-2003, 08:23 AM
mmmmmm i dont know Trent..... i dont like much all that stuff around the user 101.

why dont you get one of the logos i did (until we find a better one hehe) and try to put it on the right corner reducing a bit the opacity?? maybe it can also look fine if you get some abstract thingie change colours to match them with the blue you used and make an opacity gradient so you can put it on the left corner so it disolves to blue.

nice job anyway.

:thumbsup:

unLevel
06-05-2003, 12:01 PM
ummm....ok.....

Not absolutely sure what all that meant, KOKE, but I'll see what I can do...hahah

ok, no one likes, the logo and the pointy things, I can take those off, I told you guys I can't do abstract, hahaha

unLevel
06-05-2003, 12:02 PM
I've got another idea for a header, one more "death" like, so I'll scrap this one, ok?

JIII
06-05-2003, 02:39 PM
just cause I am bored I will do a little paint over to show you what I meant.

just give me a minute my damn computer is casting photons Veryyy slowwllyyy.

JIII
06-05-2003, 02:54 PM
http://www.metafex.net/~j3/header%20stuff.jpg

hmm this is what I thought needed to be removed, after taking a closer look the problem really lies in the circle that is underneath the words user 101. Circles are organic. I think that user 101 the souless internet should be very far from organic.

maybe try with a square shaped thing as a back ground to the 101 instead of a circle.

just my thoughts hope you don't mind.

BadKarma
06-05-2003, 03:25 PM
am i too late to help u guys out?!

in reply to unLevel's anmes ideas i think they would work better as project ideas:
desolation
habitation
undiscovered
comfortable hazards
enduring
uprising
distorted
synthetic
abstraction
synthesis
forsaken solitude
escaped
mass hysteria
opportunity lost
evassisve
blurryvision
hinderence
surpassed
hallowed ground
sleepless
sheltered

for example, "Design a 'comfortable hazards' 2d/3d etc"

u get me?

BadKarma

KOKE
06-05-2003, 03:34 PM
ok i have one question

do we like or do we not like the logo i did??

We need something that people can look at and recognice, something that makes user 101 different from others, thats why i suggested that logo.
I need to know what logo to put on the images i do from now on.

Thnx BadKarma, u are not late to help!!!!.

JIII
06-05-2003, 03:46 PM
yeah we are not a closed private club only for members, yet!!!.

I loved those logos you did koke, I would stick with them.

BadKarma
06-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Koke mate i like the "dream now" logo u used intha abstract with the 101 and "user" in the "0" that is very simple .

but also sticks in ur mind... well i found it did neway... maybe change it a lil bit tho to make it look slight "unprofessional" u get me? i cant think of any way to change it tho... sorry

BadKarma

unLevel
06-05-2003, 07:08 PM
ok, we'll use KOKE's logo(s)

now, what kind of design do you fella's want? I'm just guessing here, so tell me!

give me examples, or something, of what you want, I should have a bit of time today to work on a design, so just tell me what you guys want, alright?

ps. I hope to make enough skins so that everyone's taste/style is met and everyone is happy, ok?

KOKE
06-05-2003, 07:19 PM
I think the design should be clean and technological.

Maybe white grey or blue colours.

I think the background should be white

white = infinity = open space = open mind = ideas

blue = calm, meditation, tolerance

grey/silver = serious, controlled and modern

black is also modern and dynamic, but its more for "dark side" things as hacking and so.

text should go in black or dark grey i think.
Maybe dark grey is better, more innovatove.

:shrug: :D

JIII
06-05-2003, 07:22 PM
.here is a little pic I was trying to make into your typical abstract pic but it kinda failed, so I made it a little different. Let me know what you guys think about it. I call it Solitude

http://www.metafex.net/~j3/Glass%20charc.jpg

sorry to clutter up this thread with this. but here is another take on the same thing.

http://www.metafex.net/~j3/Glass%20ink%20stain.jpg

hmm I think I want to let you do the design unlevel. I do not usually think enough about web design to be very knowledgable about it. I am always here to crit your stuff though,lol.

KOKE
06-05-2003, 07:27 PM
i like it, with the grey tones it makes you feel lonley.

Use dark blue and ,maybe some dark red colours and you will have some sort of expresionist painting.

I like the idea of the glass being there alone....

hehe

:thumbsup:

unLevel
06-05-2003, 07:54 PM
alright, alright, got a question, KOKE

techie, white, I can do, but I thought our theme was death? or do you want me to do 3: the old one, modified, a high techie one for default, and start on a death one?

JIII, ahahha, YOU can do the design, if you want, I odn't put much time into mine, either, so they all stink...

Just holler, or find me some examples, or something...:wip:

antigomo
06-05-2003, 10:48 PM
hey all! im back again.. been outta town :p

unLevel: i've made a user101 folder on mah HDD, and i downloaded that prog you told me to download, now im waiting for you to come online ..oh, yeah, i still have to delete some old stuff

hey BadKarma, i love your name :thumbsup:
*sings: bad karma follows me around!*

ttyl, guys

unLevel
06-05-2003, 11:18 PM
*raises sword*
"I hereby bequeath my uber powers upon thee, O waterhycinth"

"With your great strength and...umm....girth...you will eat....errr.....accomplish great things"

If no one knows my secret, uber, dialect that I made up all-by-my-little-self, it means, brent's the webmaster, cause I don't konw what I'm doing...wheeeee....oh, right, not-knowing-what-you're-doing is supposed to be a bad thing,e h?

anywho, antimogo (who's mogo, and why are we against him?) brent will help you install postnuke, I shall force him to post further instruction...

as fer the rest of you, grrrr...:airguitar

btw, so which design am i supposed to be working on? and KOKE, can you post a few logos on blank? or whatever you want...I'm kinda busy, so if you want to take over the designs....*hint*hint*

antigomo
06-06-2003, 12:08 AM
hey, unLevel! why aren't you on on AIM :surprised

lol, nice dialect you have!
err.. not mogo, its gomo.. like homo ;) just with G
well, actually, we call gomo all these things that are bad, like bad design or even crappy weather, or movie. I know it kind of sounds weird, but it sounds ok in my native language, really
and all of my friends (those who are designers) over here use it alot, so, thats my story :shrug:
we had that 'AntiGomo Design Project', but its down now and that is why the site is down too

anyway, where's your bro? i need instructions! ..or maybe i dont :p

BadKarma
06-06-2003, 05:33 PM
lol cheers antigomo. did i read thats we're having a death theme to the webby? is that not a bit morbid?... lol

i was thinking sumthing more cleaner, death feels more dirty, grimy - u get me?

BadKarma

unLevel
06-06-2003, 05:49 PM
hey, BadKarma you can design something if youw ant, I'm kinda, well, lazy...hahah

antigomo
06-06-2003, 10:07 PM
yeah, badKarma, i agree.. death sounds eeky

last year i worked on 'Dead Toy Project' for my compocition class, made 3 post cards, everyone said they were crappy, though they liked 'em.. one of these cards was printed, they made about 1000 of them :scream: some people didnt get that the toy was DEAD, lol

how about clean death? is it possible :surprised

i want to be the president for a month!!
:twisted:

unLevel
06-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by antigomo
how about clean death? is it possible :surprised

actually, it's QUITE possible, though for fear of scaring you, I won't go into details...:drumrock:

alright, working on that "techie" design now, will post something soon...

unLevel
06-06-2003, 10:50 PM
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/2.gif

did I mention that I was trying to make my style more organic when you wanted techie? hahahaa

unLevel
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
alright fella's, it pains me to look at that, so don't worry, i'm gonna make something nice soon, I hope..haha.

btw, antigomogo-go hahaha, how's installing postnuke (or uploading) coming along?

you guys just got to give us about a week, month or so to get it all pretty ofr ya!

antigomo
06-07-2003, 12:32 AM
hey, Unlevel

i dont know which one i like better, hard to choose..
great work :thumbsup: , remember: practice, practice, practice :surprised

er.. about postnuke ..lalaladablahla..
well, im busy right now, i need to finish my project, but i will upload it, today/tomorrow ok?

waterhycinth
06-07-2003, 01:19 AM
hey even better....hehe...

we'll just need it by the time we get popular...:applause:

unLevel
06-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Is this what you're looking for, KOKE? http://www.tutorialforums.com/

btw, update on design, kinda: http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/4.jpg

BadKarma
06-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Unlevel mate thats looking real good! are we not using the deathy typed theme nemore then? i hope not :D

Also i like the idea of "techie" "organic" theme even tho u said it as a joke mate i dont think theres a webby like it !

BadKarma

unLevel
06-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm goig to make 3 skins: a high techie one, one off the old site design, and one based on death...

I'm waiting on an abstract image for the high-techie one and the one for the death :twisted:

thanks for the compliment, all these nice things you people say let me feel like I'm gettign better at this, eh?:arteest:

KOKE
06-07-2003, 05:23 PM
great job Trent, its looking very nice.

Maybe I like best the last image you posted i dont know, both look very good.

As soon as i get some time i will become more involved in the project again.......one week left to be free of examssss.

:banghead:

UnLevel >>>

The server doesnt let me post the logos again, it says i have already posted them, so why dont you try using the ones i posted originally and just take the white background out so you can work with them easily??.

BadKarma>>>

how can i make it look more "unprofessional"???.

I thought that looking professional would be good for the group, people would take more seriously or work.

anyway if you tell me what you would like the logo to look like i can try to do another version of it.

This is starting to look goood.

BadKarma
06-07-2003, 06:13 PM
okay so maybe i worded it slightly wrong wen i said professional i mean business like - u get me? the logo i really like butit gives off like a business feel, which i dont think we really wanna be showing... do we?!

i might not be able to post for a few days im gunna attempt to rig up gordon (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55595&highlight=gordon)

BadKarma

unLevel
06-07-2003, 08:22 PM
la, la, la, got bored

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/newheaderthatiscool

and I like ti, can I base a skin on it, pretty please?

antigomo
06-07-2003, 08:29 PM
yay unLevel.. this one looks better then the one you showed me before.. you took off 101 :) hehe
you sure are getting better :bounce:

later on all

unLevel
06-07-2003, 08:29 PM
this is a totally different one, I'm gonna make several of these!

antigomo
06-07-2003, 08:38 PM
hey, new work again! lemme check
i think we toldja do not use circles, didnt we?

i like that lil thing, just maybe you should leave more space for 'user101' words so it wouldnt be so close to the circle?
i also think that you should try to make background simplier, just leave the big gray cirlce and delete the words there..

ok? :surprised

*shuts up*

unLevel
06-07-2003, 08:40 PM
*shuts up*

ok, sounds good:p

mr. KOKE, can I use the circle logo for this skin only? cause I like it, but we can use your logo for all the others?

antigomo
06-07-2003, 08:58 PM
er.. *walks sadly to the corner*

unLevel
06-07-2003, 09:02 PM
er.. *walks sadly to the corner*

haha

*pats you on the back, open door, then throws you through it...haha*

we'll think of something

antigomo
06-07-2003, 09:22 PM
awww! thats so cruel :annoyed:

*stops uloading postnuke*

unLevel
06-07-2003, 09:23 PM
:eek:

antigomo
06-07-2003, 09:36 PM
yep-yep :p

*starts deleting files*

unLevel
06-07-2003, 09:37 PM
:curious:

waterhycinth
06-07-2003, 09:39 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

boy would you all stop bickering.....it's hurting my head....*ouch*

antigomo
06-07-2003, 09:41 PM
*evil grin*

MaHahahaha!!

unLevel
06-07-2003, 09:42 PM
:shame:

waterhycinth
06-07-2003, 09:43 PM
lol such simple words speaks great measures....lol

anyways...back to the project...antigomo, what's the status of upload....:wavey:

antigomo
06-07-2003, 09:47 PM
status of upload? :surprised

waterhycinth
06-07-2003, 09:49 PM
oh i forget that if you have your own domain it runs from your machine right?

anyways...how long do you think till postnuke will be ready to install? sorry just wondering...hehe:shrug:

antigomo
06-07-2003, 10:04 PM
tomorrow, okay?
my friends are here now, we're going to see movies and stuff.. so i'll talk to all of you later!

unLevel, can i plz come back? lol

unLevel
06-07-2003, 10:05 PM
come back? where'd you go?

antigomo
06-07-2003, 10:08 PM
you trew me out, remember? :(

unLevel
06-07-2003, 10:09 PM
it was just a door attatched to a wall, nothing behind it but...the wall...

waterhycinth
06-07-2003, 10:09 PM
trew? hehe lol that would be a great new word....idea* naaa just kidding...

reply to trent's I'm also known as "the wall" hehe just a nickname...

antigomo
06-07-2003, 10:14 PM
okay, okay *confused*
forgive me mah spelling , i meant threw :P cuz my friends are here, i dont have much time to type or check

wall? you threw me in the wall, or what?

i got an avatar!!!! yay!!

unLevel
06-07-2003, 10:15 PM
wll, in reference to your avatar, let's just leave it that you went *splat*

antigomo
06-07-2003, 10:23 PM
whatcha mean??

unLevel
06-07-2003, 10:27 PM
nevermind...

antigomo
06-08-2003, 12:38 AM
okay, IM BACK! my friends have gone
im gonna upload all the stuff now

unLevel
06-08-2003, 02:59 AM
alright people, time to make some decisions...

what navigation do you think we need?

Like, what is it we'll be offering?

so far I've got: Packs, Artists, Forum, Affiliates, Store (if we have one)

that's all I have, feel free to ad you're ideas...

GavinG
06-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey Guys!

I'm currently a student, i've taken a year of Softimage/XSI and 2D art...i will be moving across the country to take Game Art and Animation (Maya and more 2D art)

Sorry, I didn't really have time to read all of the posts, but I get roughly what you guys are trying to achieve and like the idea...would love to help if i can (would also give me something to do :) )

You can look at my work at: www.innersaga.com/gavin
E-Mail: gavin@innersaga.com
MSN: gavingoulden@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Gav

JIII
06-08-2003, 03:56 PM
the "new header that is cool" rocks dude.

just thought I would let you know.

KOKE
06-08-2003, 07:05 PM
wow :eek: im out for a day and i find 2 new pages!!!.

Unlevel you can use circles.

maybe we can have a place for 2d (abstaracts, photos etc..) and another for 3d work, and then the best work goes into the packs.
and a links section?? it can link with your cgsearch thing (tons of links there >>> great job)
Do we have a store?? yeah we are professionals :D

Antigomo: new avatar...hehe cool

I cant do any decent abstract thingies this week , ive already deleted four!!!!.

Gavin: you are in if you want.

unLevel
06-08-2003, 08:36 PM
eh, just kinda passing a hectic sunday...

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/newheader ( I had to "borrow" an abstract image for this, but I don't think no one will know, hehehe...)

http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/newheader2

just be patient fellas, we'll have a site and forum up and running shortly, then skinned in a bit, ok?