PDA

View Full Version : Hole in nCloth

Galvo
05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi, I have a nCloth plane. I have to make a hole in the plane with a poly sphere or something else.. The borders of the plane should mantain their position. How can i do it?

Thanks in advance

moomoor82
05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
select all the border vertices and create a transform constraint, ORRRRR connect your input mesh to your rest shape and then paint the border with 1.0, also set your input mesh attract to 1.5 or 2.
for creating a hole, u need to select some edges in the middle of the plane and create a tearable constraint. Make sure that your sphere is passive. if u want he surface to break u need to bring down the strength value under your tearable constraint.
cheers

Galvo
05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Thank you, I'll try that as soon as possible!

Galvo
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok, it works pretty well!
But how can i move the ncloth surface? I must move it along a path with some keyframes. The original surface ,without ncloth applied, moves correctly, but when i try to move the surface with ncloth applied it mantains its position instead..

pgraham
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
You can animate the transform constraint. If you already have the path animated, then parent constrain the transform constraint to the object with the animation on it. On a side note, if you move the transform constraint really fast sometimes the verts will lag and not exactly follow the constraint. You can fix this by increasing the constraint's strength.

If you need to attach the cloth to a deforming object, use a component to component constraint instead of transform.

antany
05-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Ok, it works pretty well!
But how can i move the ncloth surface? I must move it along a path with some keyframes. The original surface ,without ncloth applied, moves correctly, but when i try to move the surface with ncloth applied it mantains its position instead..

[connect your input mesh to your rest shape and then paint the border with 1.0, also set your input mesh attract to 1.5 or 2.
for creating a hole, u need to select some edges in the middle of the plane and create a tearable constraint. Make sure that your sphere is passive. if u want he surface to break u need to bring down the strength value under your tearable constraint.]

Moonoor82 is correct

If the original plane is animated the cloth Plane will follow the same path , and paint the area you dont want to follow (the hole area ) then play it it will work well.

cheers

mayaartist
06-05-2008, 04:29 AM
Excellent comments Render Ninja, well put. I was thinking the same thing pretty much, but you explained it better.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2008, 04:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.