PDA

View Full Version : WIP my first animation

Snuurtje
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey, i just created my first animation, took a long time to render, and its just a first test.

Im not going with the color transistion anymore, have changed some things on the car, and will be creating a nice fade out on the end. My main problem is that moves a bit jaggy. I ofcourse couldnt see htis in my playblast, and i just saw it when it was completely finished (made it full HD :-/ ). However I really appreciate help on how to render this animation more smoothly, im working in maya btw, so some application specifics would be appreciated.

Other CNC is welcome aswell, since im going to do it over anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKhBjEbIuVI

here is the current jaggy animation.

Greetings,
Martijn

Snuurtje
05-27-2008, 01:52 PM
please, any replies on my problem? im sure someone must have done an anmation before and know a little more about it then me.

theflash
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
When the car comes out animation is a little choppy. And the wheels dont rotate as much as the car is moving (that's what I felt). Nice car though and it changes colors! cool.

lewistaylor
05-28-2008, 01:14 AM
How are you animating the cars movement?

I don't know maya very well, but the method I use in
Max should apply here. Create a nurbs curve that will be
the path your car travels along. Then, parent the car to a null
object and have that null object follow the nurbs path.
This will solve the jaggy look to the cars motion.

Second thing. The wheels do not rotate the correct amount for
the amount of travel. Easy to fix with a script to rotate by distance
and the diameter of the wheels.

Lewis

Snuurtje
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
yeah i learned about scripting that, but it is very hard to find tutorials on this specific stuff. Also i know 0 about scripting at the moment in maya. This project has to finish by the end of the week. The stuttering movement if probably caused by the fact i accidently ran it at a higher framerate in AE.

theflash
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
The script should be very simple to rotate the wheel according to the distance it travels. It's just like unwinding the reel. I dont remember that equation at the moment, otherwise I would have provided more info on it.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.