PDA

View Full Version : Getting particles to go to specific vertex

mhinks
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I need to have a says 60 particles to appear and fly off and fix on to specific vertex points on an object. The problem I have is currently I cant get only one particle to go to one vertex, and also I have no idea what to write in the script operator to use in a find target to send each particle to a vertex.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

decapitator
05-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I need to have a says 60 particles to appear and fly off and fix on to specific vertex points on an object. The problem I have is currently I cant get only one particle to go to one vertex, and also I have no idea what to write in the script operator to use in a find target to send each particle to a vertex.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Script Operator:
on ChannelsUsed pCont do pCont.useVector = true
on Proceed pCont do
(
count = pCont.NumParticles()
for i in 1 to count do
(
pCont.particleIndex = i
pCont.particleVector = polyop.getVert $ftMesh i
)
)
--endJust birth the same amount of particles as vertex numbers in the mesh (this uses polyop for edit poly btw for other things find the apropriate command in the max script help shouldnt be that hard to understand)

Also name the mesh "ftMesh" or edit the name in the script. The position is kinda random since it loops on an index and there is no check on which vertex is closest.

mhinks
05-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Cool, thanks very much, I will try when Im next in the office.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2008, 07:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.