PDA

View Full Version : Pflow optimization

Klixx
05-22-2008, 11:36 PM
hey i just wanted to know if theres anyone out there willing to share a few Pflow optimization tips..
because im in luv with particles only problem is i tend to put a few too many particles in my scenes...A little help would be appreciated..i see people rendering particles like no joke and i wanna be in that no joke roup ..HEEEEEEEELLLLLLP!!

::"I LUV CG TOO MUCH, WHAT IS THIS YOU GUYS CALL FRIENDS:)...LOL"::

grury
05-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Would help if u tell us what kinda stuff u doing. Kinda vague, it all depends what you want to achieve.

Bobo
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
hey i just wanted to know if theres anyone out there willing to share a few Pflow optimization tips..
because im in luv with particles only problem is i tend to put a few too many particles in my scenes...

On some Pacific islands, the aborigenes have a counting system which consists of "one, two, three, four, five, many". (Psychology explains that the human brain can distinguish at a single glance the number of objects in the area of 5+/-2, so from 3 to 7, otherwise it has to start counting individual objects).

Thus, it would be VERY helpful to know what is your definition of "many".

At Frantic Films, we start counting at one million, anything below a million is not counted as "many", but as "a few" particles. Our Krakatoa customers at Anatomical Travelogue consider one billion particles "many". It really depends on your perspective. ;)

Klixx
05-23-2008, 03:28 PM
im making a huge desert tornado, but most of the particles comes from being spawned on collision, and i just tried pArray..an example would be from the mummy movie where the mummy fades to Dust..and by the way bobo im loving the cgacademy maxscript DVD..please keep them coming....im ranging about 800 000particles

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2008, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.