PDA

View Full Version : Is It True?

johnnynightlife
05-19-2003, 04:36 AM
i may have heard BUZZ wrong in his tutorial, but thought i heard him say that once everything needed is set up, it is possible to speak into a microphone, and have the head, or character model follow what is said? this can't be possible can it? i am totally new to motionbuilder, and have a head model that i want to talk.
I am a carpenter by trade, and took six months off to learn as much as possible about MAYA, and MOTIONBUILDER, before i go back to work. So far i bought GNOMON's ALL TITLES dvd collection, and think that was a good investment. Now I'm looking forward to learning about motionbuilder, and animating a model i made in maya. If there are any suggestions about where to go to learn about motionbuilder, i'm ALL EARS! greatly appreciated

Michel Besner
05-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Yes, MOTIONBUILDER provides real-time lip-sync (part of the facial animation tool).
You can littearily talk in a microphone and see your character lips move. You can then fine tune this using standard keyframing on a second animation layer.

M.

johnnynightlife
05-20-2003, 05:29 PM
JEEZ! that sounds too good to be true, i can't wait to find out for myself, if i could only import models into motionbuilder from MAYA

Miyazaki
05-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by johnnynightlife
JEEZ! that sounds too good to be true, i can't wait to find out for myself, if i could only import models into motionbuilder from MAYA
Of course you can.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.