PDA

View Full Version : Still cofused about Output Formats!

mjkennedy
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi,

I've posted about aspect ratios and output formats before, but I'm still not understanding this.

In XSI, I took a grid and applied this picture of an Audi to it. I then made 2 renders of it, illustrated bellow:

http://www.matthewjkennedy.com/output_breakdown.jpg

As the picture says, why are my images stretching? I was under the understanding that a wide lens gives you more picture, not stretch the picture you've got.

More to the point, how do I get scenes to render off in HD format without stretching?! I want a HD image with a picture that looks like the "original" picture.

Thanks,

Matt

PS In case it matters, I need my images to be viewable on both a TV and a computer monitor.

Saturn
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
It's stretching because you don't change the film back of your camera.
So if you want a wider picture you need to change the picture ratio of your camera

mjkennedy
05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
It's stretching because you don't change the film back of your camera.
So if you want a wider picture you need to change the picture ratio of your camera

Ahh, right you are. I didn't have my camera set properly. I was using the "override" in the render options. Silly me. :banghead: :p

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.