PDA

View Full Version : No filling..

SuperXCM
05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello all!

I've worked for a long time in max but never use any fluid simulation. As I've got a work to do now, i need to use it.
To make short I have to fill a sphere who will become the earth by using a kind of chrome or mercury liquid.
I've use the PF in max to make the liquid dropping in a sphere who is link to a Udeflector. All move quite well, but actually i can put almost as much particules as i want, the sphere doesn't fill, stop always at the middle.
Also tried to give them more time, but still, is going on, particules coming, but the level in the sphere doesn't goes up....like all the particules melted together... :shrug:

I'm using blobmesh to render it, but i'm not sure it can make the problem.

Anyone got an idea? Is there something wrong that i do? Maybe not the good way?

Here some screens of the test, and a screen of my PF viewport.

Thanks a lot. :beer:

ahmedsheeraz
05-22-2008, 07:32 PM
well...if u want a real solution then u have to use some liquid sim prog like realflow or glu3d and if u wanna cheat this effect then after dropping particles from above in the sphere u can use another particle system with sphere as position object with density by material selected and 'delete particles if position invalid' checkbox checked....and use an animated gradient ramp mat for the sphere which goes from black to white to generate particles only on white areas so its look like sphere is filling. u must sync the timing between the two particle systems to make the effect. hope this helps.... i can demonstrate if u didnt get ma point.

ahmedsheeraz
05-22-2008, 07:32 PM
well...if u want a real solution then u have to use some liquid sim prog like realflow or glu3d and if u wanna cheat this effect then after dropping particles from above in the sphere u can use another particle system with sphere as position object with density by material selected and 'delete particles if position invalid' checkbox checked....and use an animated gradient ramp mat for the sphere which goes from black to white to generate particles only on white areas so its look like sphere is filling. u must sync the timing between the two particle systems to make the effect. hope this helps.... i can demonstrate if u didnt get ma point.

...mayb some other give u even better idea to pull off this effect.

SoLiTuDe
05-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Yup, pflow doesn't have inter-particle collsions... Realflow or Glu3d are the only good ways to do it. There MIGHT be a way to fake it using box 3 or some creative use of deflectors and stuff, but really... I wouldn't even try.

gluppy
05-23-2008, 03:12 PM
use glu3D because it will make the effect very easy. Then you can mesh all with pwrapper plugin.

We have new version today. Try it!

SuperXCM
05-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Hi all,

thanks for the reply!!

I have to be fast, as i need to finish the video for friday. I will try glu3d hopeit s not too complicated., but ahmedsheeraz, i think i see what you mean, but if you can explain it better or demonstrate me, it will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks again all. :beer:

ahmedsheeraz
05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
this is just to show the technique and by no means a production result. but u may need to increase the particles and manage the blob mesh settings but let me tell you one more thing that blobmesh will never give you gud result when u play the whole sequence. you will se flickering/jittering in it. instead i still recommend u using glu3d.

SuperXCM
05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks!!
I'm not at work now, i'll try on monday, and i'm pushing my boss to buy Glu3d:D

Thanks again for help!

SuperXCM
06-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks ahmedsheeraz!!!

It works perfect for what i needed!! As my boss doesn't want to buy a new softwarer i used your technic!!

Thanks again!!

Peace!!!

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2008, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.