PDA

View Full Version : UkranianBeauty

Serebryakov
05-22-2008, 01:54 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/281223_1211421262/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/281223_1211421262/1024bound)I was inspired by my national Ukranian art style. The work took me about 30 hours , and more than 100 different sketches. Everything is done in Macromedia Flash. It was a fun project. What else?
oh, I hope I win))
Enjoy

redbyte
05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice. I like the flow and colours.
However it seems very playboy-esque. And some of the judges may see this as distasteful.
Also, remember it needs to have a 3d element.

But I do like the design.

gwadaman
05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
lol
i like the way it groove, didn't know about ukranian art but it seem interresting

MrHappy
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree with redbyte. You may turn off some of the judges through content, and the piece is currently lacking 3d. However, I really like your style, and I like your image a lot.

Serebryakov
05-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I know about the playboy-sque style, but one of the reasons for that, I think, is that there are quite a bit of red colors, especially on acrobats. Oh yes, I hope that judges won't punish me for trying to make an image of beautiful acrobats, there is nothing offensive, I hope, in trying to show the beauty and flexibility of a female acrobat, especially when there are so many curves to play with. I guess if they were green or yello (yak), it wouldn't be so playboy-sque. And about the 3d element, I though it should be the ''illusion" of 3d, so if I really have to take some 3d model, then I give up)) Then shall I fail
If you don't feel the illusion of depth with my shapes and textures, then I guess I ain't a competitor anymore))

well, thanks for comments!!

Serebryakov
05-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't know why I have 5 more posts on this page. I didn't do it, not me, so please, Admin, take it down

MrHappy
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Don't give in Serebryakov :) As far as I am aware, you can get away without actual 3d renders, so long as your image creates the illusion of 3d. Strengthen some of the shadowing a bit to make the sense of depth stand out a bit more. I personally don't find the image in any way offensive, my previous post was not intended to put you off at all. I apologise if it has. With clarification that is sillouhetted acrobats I cannot see anyone taking offense. The original post without this context could be viewed as pinup art, which is why i said in my last post it might put some judges off.

The style and the image, as I said before, I really like a lot. Work on the shading a bit and I think the 2d/3d effect will work brilliantly without the need for 3d modelling. Good luck with it.

Serebryakov
05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks MrHappy! I will work on it a little more then, I hope it will ad more depth, I agree that there is not enough of depth.

PS I am only glad that I hear critique, it's the only way to get better

Thanks

SFedor
05-23-2008, 08:54 AM
I really like your pattern fills in this piece. The pattern over pattern makes for an interesting look that is not seen to often. As for the "sexuality" of the piece, I don't see the concern. Yes you use female forms, but in no way do they seem to be sexualized IMO. Shape and dynamics seem to be the focus. Best of luck!`

blowback
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey,

I am 100% "Ukranski" :D and I love it! You have a really cool drawing and great style! Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.