PDA

View Full Version : Question about a school

Deleroche
05-22-2008, 02:41 AM
I recently applied, and got accepted, to the Academy of Art University in SF. I plan on making the transition in the Fall, after being at a Community college for a while. I was just wondering how the University stacked up against other schools that specialize in 3d animation. any comments or advice will be really helpful thank you.

JesseDavis
05-22-2008, 10:01 AM
a little late since you already decided to go there no? Try searching, and check the stickies, this question is asked every day.

JesseGraffam
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
It seems he just got accepted, and plans to go there, but doesn't have to.

I've heard the AAU's aren't the best schools to go to. Judging from their commercials I see on TV here in SF, I'd say the work they use to advertise is pretty bad. On the other hand I have met a few people that work in the industry who have gone to AAUSF. If you do plan to go to an AAU make sure it is the SF campus as that seems to have the best reputation.

Via-Art
05-22-2008, 06:21 PM
I know a few guys who've made it into pixar from there so there's hope it isnt too bad lol. Anyways, I think you should research more and see what kind of classes each school provides and decide rather they use the same program(usually 3ds max or maya) you're more comfortable with. Either way, you're going to be learning more from trial and error than what the school can really do for you to be honest.

SanjayChand
05-22-2008, 07:04 PM
If you are going to be in San Fran, why not consider SCAD or Expressions?

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2008, 07:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.