PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Shaders in XSI's viewport

adam|zeliasz
05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
If I have a model with a color map, spec map and a normal map, is there an easy way to view those in the viewport?!!

I was watching a Digital Tutors training video and it's easy to do in Maya. It's also very simple to do in Modo. Why is it so complicated in XSI? I don't want to use the Ultimapper since I have everything ready to go already. Any solutions just to simply preview it?

Thanks!

ThE_JacO
05-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Ultimapper is convenient because it sets the tree up for you, but all you need to do if you have the maps already is setting up the same tree yourself on any object and connect the maps.
You could just put the tree together once and save it as a preset to be loaded on something if you find yourself needing it often.

adam|zeliasz
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Is there a default setup that I can use since I'm not familiar with how realtime shaders work? All I want is to view the color, spec and normal. They have a ton in the Netview but I'm not sure which one to go with since they have OpenGL, DirectX and CG...

Thanks.

ThE_JacO
05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
If you used ultimapper and you're happy with what it produced, use ultimapper on a dummy model, open the rendertree, copy the nodes and that's it.
I don't use presets so I have no idea what's in the netview sorry.

elfrad
06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
If I have a model with a color map, spec map and a normal map, is there an easy way to view those in the viewport?!!

I was watching a Digital Tutors training video and it's easy to do in Maya. It's also very simple to do in Modo. Why is it so complicated in XSI? I don't want to use the Ultimapper since I have everything ready to go already. Any solutions just to simply preview it?

Thanks!

I have the same problem !! but I don't konw how to use spec map..
any body can help us?

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.