PDA

View Full Version : make a dress twist - nCloth

Neill
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi,
I make a dress for a girl and its behaviour looks very good!
there is the episode where the girl is swaying from side to side in place. Here the dress doesn't twist enough as it is supposed to. How can I make the dress twist?

Thanks in advance.

Duncan
05-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Perhaps you have too much damp or drag. In particular keep damp zero or near zero, and instead use stretchDamp if it is too bouncy(damp reduces bending and rotational motions, but stretchDamp does not). As well if the resolution low the mesh may be locking up. Lowering compression resistance may help, or going to a higher resolution mesh. Make sure your space scale is set correctly so you are getting good gravity. (if you are treating units as being cm then it should be 0.01) With gravity too low the effects of damp and drag are more pronounced.

Duncan

Neill
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I set up damp and drag values to zero. Thank you for your advise concerning stretchDamp, I will try to test using this attribute in my scene. Also I keep air resistance zero, and all nClothShape resistrance attributes zero except stretch resistance. As I wrote in my first post, the behaviour is really cool. But, all these manipulations didn't give me the possibility to make right twist on the dress. I coped this problem by creating a vortex force field and constraining it near the dress during all the animation. Then I keyframed force magnitude manually. Force gave me secondary twist motion on the dress.
Thank you for your time.

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.