PDA

View Full Version : how to making a particle cloud(dust cloud)?

_ubiquitous_
05-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Any suggestions on how to make and control a cloud of dust? Not really new to maya, but I haven't put much time into complex particle systems. So I don't really know where to begin.

cgartists
05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
First i want to say that i'm also newbie in dynamics. I think that u can try drawing particles or create csome emiter, controling it? maybe some fields like radio or a curve flow with changeable radius of some points of curve, effect like on ericson green commercial with the fluid like blobby surface and raytracing. guite nice, if you want to make a connection or interaction with some other objects just create collision object (look > maya reference) if you want to have full control of some particle like fire, water, smoke, sea object u can try Maya Fluids. maybe i am doing something wrong but it render incredibly slow! maybe someone can tell me how to speed it up? 'll be glad. Anyway if you still have no solution. write to me maybe i'll find out something on gnomon movies. or some materials.

Bye!
lemoor

_ubiquitous_
05-21-2003, 03:16 AM
Thanks for your reply, I ended up animating every particle individually just to get the effect I needed and wanted, it was very time consuming, but I got what I wanted anyway...I'm sure there was a faster way, but I had a deadline and didn't have the time to test out every possible method....

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.