PDA

View Full Version : Mech Walk Cycle Crit

mattjmit
05-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey, I did this today, I felt that the body is a bit floaty and lacks weight, but I'm having trouble pinpointing the issue. I'm trying out some things, I'm guessings its got something to do with overlap. If anyone can help then please do, I realy want it to look weighty and somwhere between robotic and organic.

P.S.
I know there is some collision with the ankle parts but I decided to keep it so as to not restrict the characters movement.

SO! here it is.
Don't hold back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N358DuCi0RY

Thankyou.

Fritzenberger
05-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey,

I have some thoughts.

Personally... I would lag the take off on the foot more. The foot coming down looks nice.

Also, I MIGHT lower the foot during the passing position and raise it just before the foot plant. So it looks like it takes more energy to move the leg.

The body. I think you should raise it up and down more. Especially after the foot plants.

Also, you might tilt the nose up when a leg is in passing.. and then put the nose down when the weight comes down after the foot plants. Only slightly I think.

Another thing that might be cool is if you lag it more on the side to side motion... make it lag more on each end and swing faster through the center.

One last thing, render it on a lighter floor color so you can see the feet moving better.

- Mike

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.