PDA

View Full Version : Muscle System Ext. 2 Problems. help

小疯子
05-20-2008, 01:25 AM
I am using Ext. 2 and I have 6 muscles on my rig . I want to scale it ,But the muscles don't scale right ,it becames smaller or bigger! I'll try to work on with scaling my rig ! I don't think why it is???
please help me ! thanks!

rBrady
05-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I played around with that quite a bit, Director wanted to scale up a bear I did with cMuscle. I couldn't get it to work, so we faked it by scaling the other character down. Hopefully someone has a better answer than me.

小疯子
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I find one way to scale the mucsle, using the muscle the user scale. I connnect the character global scale to muscle the user scale .but it can not slove it,the muscle don't work right !
I find the muscle can scale bigger but not smaller,I don't know why???I will try to find another way to slove the problem.

zebwood
05-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Any luck on finding the solution? User scale is not working for me as well...

BPorter
05-09-2009, 06:04 AM
I made a simple shoulder,elbow, wrist joint setup and attached a bicep muscle to it. I scaled the shoulder joint down to .5 and then scaled the user scale down to .5 and it worked perfectly. Something else might be the cause of the rig not scaling. I don't know if you want to, but if you post the rig, we can all help try and figure out a solution. Just a thought, but make sure the end locators are following along with the scaling and not being left behind.

zebwood
05-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Brett here is the current thread I am on and my problem:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5856786#post5856786

So once I connect USER Scale of cSplineMuscle_shape Node to my Master Control Shape's Scale, the custom Muscles skew in odd directions. Is this due to the center of the Muscle object's nodes being @ 0,0,0 rather than its unique center in 3D space.

This skewing seems to only happen to custom muscle shapes... In my case a make or break situation

If so, is there an offset command/script when making muscles or a way to bypass this skewing when connecting User Scale to a master control?

Thanks for ideas and comments!

Zeb

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2009, 07:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.