PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Character modelling

dani
05-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I told you it was the only thing I did with blender :)

And each time I do a character it's during my exams...
Well, this one was restarted three times, cause my file was corrupt (I was using an experimental version of Bl)

Well this one is my latest, still heavily wip..

Comment's and crits are welcome!!

Ciao
Dani

Poju
05-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Looks great this far. Keep us posted

dani
05-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Okay,

I'm finally back from university.

it may seem as I haven't done much work on it...
It's a little true, I picked it up this morning :)
I rebuilt completely the cheeks and the back of the head, there were far too much vertices there...
I'm now building the neck, I want to have enough detail to model tendons there... So I had to re-rebuild the back of the head.
There are two tris in the entire head (symmetry)

But the major part I've work on is the skin shader... the texture will come afterwards, but this is the shader... I'm trying to go for SSS simulation... I'm using nor mapping and reflection mapping for the moment with blend textures but I think I'll go for envmaps cause I can track lights with them.

Crits and comments?
how's the shader?

Dani

dani
05-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Well. whatever, I'm going very slowly... and i'm still messing around with shaders to get to SSScattering... Renders nicely in some places but burns the skin in others, needs tweaking.

Crits'n comments?

Thanks
Dani

ajk48n
06-03-2003, 08:13 PM
On the closeup of the head, it might look good if you curl the eyelids under themselves to get a fold in the skin. It doesn't look like they are, but they might be. Overall, very good though.

dani
06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi!

and thanks for the comment :)
At that point (in the close up) I hadn't really worked the eyes' surroundings.

I'm sorry, I haven't worked a lot on it lately, it's my exams period... I've done some work though but i'm not at home so at the end of the week i'll update this...

I made this wireframe shot a week and a half ago...
As you can see i had started to correct that eyelid thingy ;-)

http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/galeries_automatiques/galeries/wip/matelot/14_thurzocontact.jpg

And now he has a body! you'll see it! but not right now...

I'll keep you posted

dani
06-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Okay, here's one true update:

the whole body is modelled, now i'll moive on to the legs and arms... that is where i have most problems... lot's of muscles and weird articulations...

Anyway! enjoy:

http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/galeries_automatiques/galeries/wip/matelot/15_bodyabdo.jpg

Crits, questions, comments?

Ciao
Dani

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.