PDA

View Full Version : Weight Exercise

Fritzenberger
05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Hi,

Rough animation still in linear. Would like some critiques before I go any further.

Ending hasn't received any thought yet. Also, I'm going to work on the ball when I get the character animation fleshed out better.

http://www.3danimator.info/balllift.htm

Thanks,

- Mike

JamesLane
05-21-2008, 01:56 PM
That's looking pretty good man. great start. I really like the walk cycle coming in. One crit that I have is the settle in after he picks up the sphere. It appears (to me) that it is a bit bouncy and only in one axis. Other than that looking good and keep at it.

theflash
05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I agree that looks pretty good. There is one point I thought may help you. When he lifts the ball up to his pelvis hands are almost in the center line of the ball. which I dont think is the best position for the grip for a heavy ball. It kind of conflicts with the weight he initially feels when lifting it by holding the ball from bottom.
I love the overlaps of head and pelvis. Also I love when he actually uses pelvis to support the weight and pelvis falls down quickly a lot giving us the illusion of weight. Looks really cool .

Fritzenberger
05-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks guys.

I see what you both mean. I'll fix those problems.

Back to work

Later!

- Mike

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 04:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.