PDA

View Full Version : Question: Bullet Impact methods/tutorials?

DOOMNINJA
05-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Hey all, i was wondering if anyone knew of some tutorials explaining how to shatter or deform geometry in order to simulate a fairly realistic bullet impact.

I tried my hand at it, and took the direct approach! Playing a bit with the actuall shatter effects, shattering objects then localizing the areas where i employed the use of active ridged bodys. I then got mad at the geometry and started hurtiling active ridged "bullets" with initial velocitys at it. Guess i was just playing a bit, since im a newb at dynamics.

Any thoughts on solutions to get the geometry to fragment more near the center of impact and then fan out? Or how to simulate impact into a thicker surface? stuff like that. Just hopeing to stimulate some creative discusion!

Thanks for your time!

-Doomy

P.S. Guess i could try and use blend shapes and a little clever partical and texture use.... or maybe impliment some displacment maps.. hmm...... course im not really destroying the geometry.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.