PDA

View Full Version : measure!!

dincija
05-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Hy..at first wanna say love the site its amazing(love it) i learnd a lot here...thxx

few questions,hope you can help!!
Im a new user of modo,still learning the basics..im in the architecture field and its very important for me to know egzactly the heights and weight of elements(distance)..its a little bit confuse to handle in modo the measure ..what size or distance of element it is..
does anybody can share your worklow with units or tips how to manage easier distances,heights..etc(sorry for my bad english):)..thxx
regard

Grolicus
05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Just use the Ruler tool for measurements or the Protractor tool for angles. They're in the View menu.

Oh, and don't forget the Absolute Scaling tool in Snaps and Precision (on the left).

dincija
05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Grolicus thank you very much:beer: you ve just make my life more easier, i apreciate it!
best regard

brenly
05-20-2008, 09:01 AM
select an edge .. the info window will show its length.

also in snaps and precision is absolute scaling .. click on grab size and itll give you the overall dimensions of an item. You can scale it up or down in absolute coordinates .. nice

also check out Vertexmonkey for some great scripts ..

dincija
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
many thx, its much easier now to handle model:applause:
i saw these macros theyre amazing,thx for that..really usefull!!
for now im investigation modo more and more..going deeper(hope to post some day in the wip..:)

im courios now how to make terrain, if you have the heights and the plan..im thinking to connect the lines with the bridge tool:curious: or...what you think?
regards

Grolicus
05-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I'd rather use displacement maps.
If it doesn't have to match real life : sculpt it yourself after watching http://www.luxology.com/training/video.aspx?id=15 .

dincija
05-20-2008, 07:05 PM
thx for repling..:thumbsup:
woow first scared me that video how tricky he made that..amazing how easy he is sculpting terrain, but i have to deal with real terrain..have to doit somehow,he has this sculpt tools seems easy to use for terrain its a script maybe?..
one thing ive notice and didnt recognize where he opened that tool for light.,he use a shortcut..!is it familiar?
regard

brenly
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
i saw these macros theyre amazing,thx for that..really usefull!!

Seneca is a genius!

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.