PDA

View Full Version : 10,5 Beta!!!

Shazam3D
05-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Good news!!!! Finally A:M 10,5 BETA!!!

Written of JackMcRip in http://www.am-user.net/mmnews/

Finally the releases is slated for sometime in July. The OSX version OF 10,5 is thus planned for tons go into alpha during July.
?Beta? means that incoming goods want emergency adding any more features . Our primary focus now is tons remedy faults. Please submit error of report if any faults occur. Go ton the A:M 10,5 beta Web PAGE for A description OF the new features, but here acres some CHANGES from V10.0 you need tons aware OF:

?Biased Normals?, which more better smooth shading, acres now the default spline technique, but old exhibit models wants quietly load and animate the same.

The OTHER post office effects, like?sephia?, grain?, and?soften? added does ton want the?Drag n drop post office Effects? during beta.

Hair of uses A new lighting model. There is NO of longer A hair?geometry? option because all hair now shows UP into the more raytracer. Volumetric lights, sprites, and LINE geometry thus now show UP into the more raytracer, (which means they CAN reflect in mirrors).

Yves Poissant, A long time A:M Fellow, graciously volunteered tons work on the radiosity modules. Lake his radiosity tutorial Web PAGE and contact him with your radiosity/caustics/global illumination/photon mapping questions. This is A laboratory OF love on his part so generous with your praise.

The?porcelain? material has been changed, which May affect existing models.

The real-time, interactive Web more player?arcticPigs?, is now compatible with 10.5.

:buttrock:
Shazam.

koon69
05-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Ive only played with it-but holy crap its great! he post effects are cool-you simply drop on the camera bingo done. A new interface when its rendering. Opens when you render to a file. Renders look better now then ever! New photon from Yves looks very promosing to! Hair now reflects. All I can say Hash listened and 10.5 is going to be amazing!! What is even cooler is OXS beta is coming in July! Hash is just kickin' a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JackMcRip
05-18-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm not understand what you mean i had written in the am-user news.
But what i had written is out of the MailingList.
All i had written i had it from here:
http://www.hash.com/am2003/10.5%20beta.htm

Shazam3D
05-18-2003, 04:41 PM
????????????

Squeakypics
05-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I just downloaded this and gave it a whirl and seemed to hit a minor problem. When I select an area to render (with the right mouse button) The area rendered is not the area defined by the bounding box, it is off to one side somewhere. Anyone else had this? or is it just me

Dearmad
05-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Since 8.5 it's always done that by a few pixels... how many is it off for you?

no0ne
05-18-2003, 05:26 PM
don't maximize the window
scale it to show only the desired area
& left-click into it

hope this helps

Squeakypics
05-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Way more than a few. It works fine if I just click to render.
I'm on win2k by the way.

koon69
05-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Yep rendering a area shifts a lot off. Not a few pixels but an entire area off. Steve needs to know about this one. But besides this beta 1 is workingrealyl well! :>

Squeakypics
05-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Ahh. It isn't just me. That is a relief.
I've just emailed support @hash with a jpeg of the offending problem.

Another query:
I've imported a figure done in V10 and it doesn't seem to be much smoother. Do the models have to be made in 10.5 to take advantage of the new smoothing or is it just my inept modeling

:p

Squeakypics
05-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Just got a reply from Hash.
It is a known issue and they are working on it. And on a Sunday too!

My Fault
05-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Squeakypics
Another query:
I've imported a figure done in V10 and it doesn't seem to be much smoother. Do the models have to be made in 10.5 to take advantage of the new smoothing or is it just my inept modeling

:p

Now that v10.5 Beta defaults to biased normals they took out the buttons to go back and forth between the new way and the old way. Maybe try downloading the final Alpha and try changing the normals in that and resave. Then open the fixed model in the new Beta and see if it renders differently I hope that made sense? ;)

KenH
05-19-2003, 11:16 PM
I found what seems like a bug......if you hit the render button and right click to render a section of the screen, it doesn't render exactly what's in the square. It's like it's off center or something. Eh, I guess they'll find it soon enough if it's one.

Shazam3D
05-20-2003, 09:33 AM
www.am-user.net
A:M 10,5 BETA 1
One hears and is astonished. Beta 1 of Animation:Master 10,5 is outside.
There Hash has itself probably in the weekday vertan.; -)

Hash, Inc.
v10.5 Beta 1

Fixed chor's loosing models after saving prj, saving as an embedded mdl, and resaving
Fixed undo group connected
Added scrollbars to Animation views
Render Animation are only available in PWS until the Animation Views are closed
Can keyframe muscle in poses, relationships or actions again. (Broken in 10.5 beta) {Joe Williamson}

:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.