PDA

View Full Version : Quick Clone...How to SAVE CLONE?

CorelPainter
05-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Is there a way to save the clone?

Jinbrown
05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Yes. The Clone is just another image, an exact, flattened copy of the original image.

Save it like you'd save any other image.

If you have some special reason for asking, it will help if you can explain so we can give you whatever other help you need.

#

CorelPainter
05-17-2008, 02:39 PM
hi there Jin,

thanks for your reply... I asked because when I close the ORIGINAL copy, I lose the clone(the traceable image) not the painting...So it's hard for me to touch up the painting without the image in the background to trace or to follow :sad:

Jinbrown
05-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I guessed that was what you wanted to do.

When you first opened the original image and used either File > Clone or File > Quick Clone, Painter automatically specified the original image as the Clone Source so Painter would know to take color information from the original (Clone Source) when you paint into the Clone image.

If you close the original image, or close the original image then save and close the Clone, and want to continue working on the Clone using the original image as the Clone Source:

1. Open the original image.

2. If the Clone is not open on the Painter screen, but was saved and closed, open the Clone.

3. Use File > Clone Source and in the flyout menu, check the file name of the original image. This reestablishes the connection between the original image (the Clone Source) and the Clone so you can continue Clone painting.

4. To toggle Tracing Paper on and off, do one of the following:

Click the Tracing Paper icon in the upper right corner of the Clone image window, or
Use Ctrl+T (Windows) or Command+T (Mac).

#

CorelPainter
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
thanks Jin..

One more question, how do I check the dpi of the Clone....
Isn't if the Original was 300 dpi, Corel should automatically turn the Clone to 300 dpi also??

Jinbrown
05-21-2008, 01:32 AM
thanks Jin..

One more question, how do I check the dpi of the Clone....
Isn't if the Original was 300 dpi, Corel should automatically turn the Clone to 300 dpi also??

DPI is a term used with printing and it means dots per inch (of ink or pigment).

PPI is the correct term to use when creating digital art and it means pixels per inch, or the number of pixels in each horizontal or vertical inch when the image is printed. The PPI number does not affect the image dimensions, only how small the pixels need to be to fit into those dimensions. (More pixels per inch = smaller pixels, more color information, and a higher quality print.)

In Painter X.1, when I open an image and use File > Clone, the Clone has the same Resolution (PPI or number of pixels per inch) as the original.

You can check the Clone's Resolution (PPI, or number of pixels per inch) just as you would any other image:

Use Canvas > Resize and look at the Resolution [number] pixels per inch.

#

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 01:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.