PDA

View Full Version : Saving Clones...Is it POSSIBLE??

CorelPainter
05-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Hi,
I've been working a this new project...Just finally learned about Quick Cloning...very nice feature of Corel by the way...only thing that frustrates me is that I cannot save the Clone, which makes it hard for me to modify my artwork when reopening it...So is there a way for me to save the Clone, or do I have to paint everything, all at once before closing the file?? Please HELP!

tomt
05-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Sure, just use File>Save as......... Just remember that when you want to work on it as a clone again, you have to reopen the original image too, and set it as the clone source.

CorelPainter
05-17-2008, 03:46 PM
That's exactly what I have been doing, wasn't working :sad:

CorelPainter
05-17-2008, 03:49 PM
When I reopened both the clone and Original, I went to File> Clone Source> Original Image

and I still didn't see the clone behind my painting :scream:

tomt
05-17-2008, 04:31 PM
When you have both images open (source and clone), on the clone image, hit backspace. Then hit contrl/command>T. This makes your clone transparent and you will be able to see the original source image through it.

CorelPainter
05-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Wow! Magic! :bowdown: Thanks Tom! =)

CorelPainter
05-19-2008, 02:02 PM
One more question, how do I check the dpi of the Clone....
Isn't if the Original was 300 dpi, Corel should automatically turn the Clone to 300 dpi also??

tomt
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
The clone will be the same resolution as the original. It used to be if you changed the resolution of one or the other, you couldn't link the two images. To be honest, I don't know if that's the same now or not. Perhaps Jin can give the definitive answer there, I haven't had reason to check this since version X or X.1

Jinbrown
05-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Maybe I've missed something, but doing a test this evening, I don't see any problem after changing the Clone's Resolution to 600 ppi and leaving the original image's Resolution at 300 ppi.

There's definitely a difference if we change the dimensions of either the original image or the Clone, then attempt to Clone paint. The imagery won't register so when we Clone paint, imagery from the original will be painted in a different area of the Clone Canvas from where we'd expect to see it if the dimensions of both images remained the same.

#

tomt
05-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Jin, I haven't had a chance to check this myself, but, are you constraining the file size when you change resolution? I remember in earlier versions of Painter, if you changed the pixel count of one or the other, the images wouldn't link anymore. Is that the same now?

Next time I open Painter, I promise to check it out myself.

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.