PDA

View Full Version : Tetro Short #1: "Save"

covert
05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,
Here is the first in a series of animation studies I scheduled myself for the next few weeks:

Tetro Short #1: "Save" (v.65)
http://kim.shade.ca/anim/save

Initially I wanted to make a weight lift animation involving two characters --and I ended up improvising the rest.

So far, 9 hours have been put into it. I am tweaking it some more before jumping in the heavy spline work.

I'm a bit new at animating so I'd really appreciate any advice or feedback you could give me.

covert
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Alright so here is the latest version

http://kim.shade.ca/anim/save/v85/
(17 hours so far)

Better, no?
Feedback please!

Hutchings
05-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Wow :) This looks great.

For the character on top, "above". The position of your first video made more sense to me. It looked as though the position would be more natural, rather than turned backward.

covert
05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Glad to have encouraged your first post :)
and thank you for the feedback!

I agree that there is definitely something wrong with the leverage, and even though that first version of the lifter's posing seemed much more epic, I later realized that not only would his knees hurt a whole lot, but he'd also probably fall as well if he took that stance while lifting.

But maybe you are right. Maybe what was working in that first version is that even though both are not realistic, at the least the first one was more theatrical about it.

Any thoughts?

Hutchings
05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Indeed. I would go with the first one. When you look at them both. It just seems "right" More dramatic, and the placement just makes sense to me. When the top character uses both arms to pull up the other it looks like he's trying harder as well. :) I just love the animation. Are you going to be doing too much more with it??? or just polishing up what you have now?

covert
05-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Actually, neither.

I think from now on I'll stick to keyposing as many different little animation shorts as possible. I find that I waste too much time on trying to force myself into visualizing parts of animations I've not quite figured out yet. In the end those parts always turn up ugly and sweat-stained anyway.

Speed keyposing practice should help me get into thinking and feeling my character alot better, to a point where I eventually won't have to go back and rethink anything.

I'll be posting the next one pretty soon; tomorrow or something like that.

Hutchings
05-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing it :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2008, 07:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.