PDA

View Full Version : Character Rigging TD Pixar quality reel?

TheMiyamotoMusashi
05-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I have some reels i use as reference to work on my reel for character setup, but i haven't found a character rigging reel yet, from a guy in pixar.

I need to see what kind of a reel it takes for a guy to get in pixar as Character rigging td?

Help apreciated

mrxzof
05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Hello, Let's go watching the Bernard Haux's demoreel. It's a bit old, 2006, but it still very impressive. Oh I forget to say that he's currently working on the next Pixar movie (not wall-e, the next one). I'm working for his last company so I had the chance to see his works, and for me he's one on my favorite TD.

His website : http://www.characteranimator.com/

But in general, I think the best way to enter at Pixar's studio is just to be very creative like innovating or creating tools that no one made before, making features to improve animation again and again. That's all.

But don't forget other talents who share their passion, like Paule Neale on this forum, Charles Looker and his blog and others..., to improve your TD skills.

archanex
05-17-2008, 12:37 PM
wow, that guy is incredible, thanks for posting the link!

corne
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
That looks really great :D Thanks for the link

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.