PDA

View Full Version : Sound?

KAMAKAZZI
05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Alright, I think I have another silly question for the Fusion gurus out there.

If I have footages with sound, is there a way to implement that sound with out having to implement the sound separately in a saver node?

So far it seems to me that I would have to add in the sound separately. If there is an option that will use the sound thats already in the video asset, that would be great!

I am working with .avi files if that conflicts anything.

Appreciate the suggestions as always.

Cypher

PieterVH
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
You can right-click the audio button at the bottom to select your audio source. Never used it myself, so no idea how well it works. Don't expect great performance working that way though....

KAMAKAZZI
05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Appreciate the suggestion but that approach does not work at all. I applied the sound of the AVI by right clicking the speaker icon and choosing the avi file. I tried renders having both the icon selected and not selected. Nothing works. If I were to try and use the AVI in the saver tool under the audio>sound file, my renders will not be complete and errors take place.

Anymore suggestions would be great.

Cypher

PieterVH
05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I see. Didn't know it was for rendering. No, there's no other way. Also, I wouldn't do that in Fusion. Even Eyeon themselves advise against it. It's there because it can be convenient as an interim solution, but it's much better practice to keep audio and video separate and combine them in an editing application...

Hope that helps.

KAMAKAZZI
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought. It makes sense to keep the audio and video separate, just wanted to do quick renders in Fusion for quick presentation purposes with sound. Was hoping that I didnt have to do more work to just add in the sound.

Thanks buddy, you were a world of help and apologies with the noob questions on Fusion.

I only picked this software package up a couple of weeks ago. It is such a kick ass app! So easy to pick up, specially if you are use to shading with a modular system (nodes) in 3D.

Again, I highly appreciate it.

All the best!

Cypher

PieterVH
05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
No worries, glad to help.

We were all noobs when we started, and Fusion is deep enough to still make me feel like one sometimes. Which I like actually. :)

It's a fabulous application, make sure to check www.vfxpedia.com for tons of tips and tricks, and www.pigsfly.com is a pretty lively place as well.

Cheers,
Pieter.

KAMAKAZZI
05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
COOL! Thanks for the links--Checking them out right now!

I dont care what anyone says about you....hehehehe.

Best,

Cypher

leif3d
05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
According to the manual, Fusion only supports wav and dpsreality DVA files.

So I guess the answer is no:shrug:

This is a feature I would love, because it's nice to have a sound clip playing for timing and feel of a piece. With the current implementation you can only play the sound once and it just goes on even though you stop the playback. Lots of times it doesn't even play back real time.

We can only hope :)

KAMAKAZZI
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Thats ashame. It would be wonderful if Fusion can allow easy setups for sound without limitations. The program basically does everything else needed for compositing...why not also include vast options with sound implementations.

Oh, well...I will just use Fusion to obtain alphas and migrate the alpha clip into After Effects CS3 with the original green screen footage with sound and render the clip in that sense.

Thanks fellas...I really appreciate the time for the response and quick research.

Cypher

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.