PDA

View Full Version : finger control, foot heel control for MB/humanIK

viper_07
05-17-2003, 07:52 AM
i got a character in maya rigged with advanced akeleton script, which has has very convinent finger control channels and heel control . how can i port this to MB? or is that possible to set up the same driven key stuff in MB?

Michel Besner
05-17-2003, 10:55 AM
You cannot import Maya constraints in MOTIONBUILDER but we do provide the same level of constraints + our humanIK rigging.

M.

viper_07
05-17-2003, 09:19 PM
my finger setup is there are sliders for each finger to open and roll up, and sliders for thumb to roll in different direction, and slider for finger seperation, slider for fisting

do u mean humanIK has same default setup? cus i can't find it in humanIK rig, am i missing sth?

Michel Besner
05-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Current version does not have dedicated hand rigging. This is being added in the next major version of MOTIONBUILDER (this summer)

M.

DaveLEWIS
08-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi Mr Mesner,

On release of MB 5.1, I was sent a video from one of your team on how to put together a foot control rig.

I subsiquently lost the video, and when I asked for another copy, I was told that the video didn't exist by the person who sent me it.

I am still in the dark as to how I perform the task. I know how to set the roll for the heal and toes, but not how to pin the ball of the foot, especialy with toes rigged.

Could you please shed some light on this for me?

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.