PDA

View Full Version : Maya Muscle Mirror Weights Problem

NPuetz
05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anybody else has had problems mirroring weights in Maya Muscle. I'm using ext. 2, and the weights wont always mirrot properly. Sometimes it will, but most of the time it either doesnt mirror weights at all, mirrors weights but with totally random values, or screws up my mesh and displaces vertices far off away and scrambles them into a big mess. If anyone has had this happen to them as well or if anyone has a suggestion, it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Nick

stewartjones
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Are you adding the muscles to the skin cluster at it's bind pose?

NPuetz
05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah. at its base pose on frame zero and ive tried doing it at an object level and a component level with all the different mirror options (world and locol position with varying tolerences).

scroll-lock
05-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Hm... yes I noticed the same. I thought it comes from that my mesh is not symetrical but sometimes it worked ok, sometimes not. Would like to know where that comes from.

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2008, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.