PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2.1 Manual

Milo FX
05-17-2003, 02:35 AM
Is there anyone who know why Discreet dont put the pdf version of Combustion 2.1 manual inside the original cd? :thumbsdow

Jack Pfeiffer
05-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Well...

I have worked with Combustion since BEFORE it was Combustion.... Back then, it was Paint and Effect. Those were two seperate programs that were merged to become Combustion V1.

When Cv1 came to market, Discreet published the Combustion v1 User Guide as a PDF and posted it on their website.. THEN, Within five days, it was REMOVED. I asked Discreet why, but never got a straight answer.

My personal opinion is that they don't want to have a PDF available, as it would only help people with stolen stoftware.

The fact is, with Cv2 there is a very good On-Line Help Guide (hit F1.) You can also always BUY a User Guide as a spare part - see your dealer. It's over 500 pages... Actually, I have an extra copy, so if you are totally hard up, write me. jp@mci.dk

Jack

Milo FX
05-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Thanks Jack,

Actualy my problem is to like reading manuals at home...
The companys that I work have the manuals (printed version)
And I take a pdf version from them for reading at home. I think this is a good way for learning an application...
I will check the dealer for a printed copy. If they will not help, I will write to you...
Thanks again...

Milo FX
05-21-2003, 02:14 AM
When I first think to ask this question, I hoped that GrantKay have a good answer... I dont know why he is so silent about that...

GrantKay
05-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi Milo,

I am not being silent, I just have been doing alot of travelling and shows lately. I check the forums when I can.

As for the manual issue. Jack is correct. With combustion installed, the online help manual is an HTML format.

I don't know why it's not a PDF.... Sorry.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.