PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Selecting Group Nodes

damage inc
05-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm trying to parent-constrain the group node of an influence object (a joint) to the shoulder and bicep joints on my rig, so when the arm twists the influence joint follows along. The influence joint is parented to a group node so it can be zeroed out.

The problem is when I select the group node after selecting the shoulder and bicep joints, it deselects the shoulder and bicep joints, leaving only the group node selected and preventing me from parent-constraining. What's wrong here?

When I select the influence joint itself and not the group node it works, but I can't use set driven keys on the influence joint because it will have an existing connection (the parent-constrain).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm following a rigging video step by step by the way and it all works in the video.

Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT:

Acutally, whenever I select any group after selecting any joints, it deselects everything, leaving me with just the group selected. Is there some setting I messed with?

damage inc
05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I used the hypergraph instead of the outliner to select things and it worked fine. I don't know why the outliner is acting up.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.