PDA

View Full Version : Question: Wacom Intuos3 DinA5 wide time delay pen surface...

ChrisNoeth
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
I have worked with an Intuos2 DinA5 tablet for the last years and bought a new Intuos3 A5 wide tablet today. It works fine but it has one minor problem sometimes:
There are strange time delays where the pen isn't recognized by the tablet while holding the pen on the surface. For example: After using the lasso tool in photoshop the cursor stands still and the pen movement isn't working until I hold the pen aways from the tablet surface and go back to the surface.

Is there something I can do against this strange behavior?

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Chris

kraal
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
photoshop and the wacom intuos3 was always buggie for me... try reinstalling your driver... make sure it is the most recent. sometimes setting a specific profile for photoshop in your wacom prefs works also

ChrisNoeth
05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
photoshop and the wacom intuos3 was always buggie for me... try reinstalling your driver... make sure it is the most recent. sometimes setting a specific profile for photoshop in your wacom prefs works also

Thx, but I already have the new driver. I will try the profile for photoshop.
I wonder what is different with the new version (Intuos3) because the Intuos2 has worked perfectly for years. Too bad there isn't a wide version of the Intuos2 tablet :)

Thx again!

Best wishes,

Chris

joeparis
05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I wonder what is different with the new version (Intuos3) because the Intuos2 has worked perfectly for years.
Intuos3 and Photoshop works perfectly for me, as does Painter, it's Illustrator that has issues with Wacom.

Have you completely removed everything related to your old Intuos2 driver?

ChrisNoeth
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I have deinstalled everything from the old driver, restarted the system and installed the new hardware and the driver.

I still have the problem and it seems to be very often when much memory and cpu is in use. Maybe the Wacom technology has changed from Intuos2 to 3? I can't find any other explanation for this. Even a process priority change in the task manager can't solve the problem. This problem is really bad and makes work much more difficult :(

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Best,

Chris

workbench
05-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Change mapping to proportional.

Try different driver versions.

Your pen or tablet might be broken, it happens.

ChrisNoeth
05-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Change mapping to proportional.

Try different driver versions.

Your pen or tablet might be broken, it happens.

I really think it is broken. The Intuos2 is working perfectly and the Intuos3 pen isn't recognized only for 50% when holding it to the surface. When it is recognized it works perfectly but when holding it away from the surface and going back it isn't recognized at all in 50% of all movements.

workbench
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
It's a shame that pens aren't compatible between models that way you could test to see if it was the pen that was broken. I've seen some cases where the USB cable is making bad contact or the pen is broken (quite common). Thankfully my 1998 A4 Intuos is still working! When they work they work for decades.

ChrisNoeth
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
It's a shame that pens aren't compatible between models that way you could test to see if it was the pen that was broken. I've seen some cases where the USB cable is making bad contact or the pen is broken (quite common). Thankfully my 1998 A4 Intuos is still working! When they work they work for decades.

Yes too bad.

But now I have high hopes to get the tablet who will live for the next decades... :)

This is my first 'bad' experience with Wacom products by the way.

Chris

DigitalBlaspheme
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
This same EXACT thing happens with my newly purchase bamboo and gimp. If i keep moving it away and then back towards the surface, eventually it starts working again....but it's very annoying.

I've posted in this for ease of finding later, just in case a solution is found.

cadmonkey33
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
im having a similar problem with my intuos3 a6 wide.
the pen works fine until i move it away from the surface, then it completely ignores me until i tap the bottom left corner with the eraser end of the pen (which then opens the start menu :rolleyes: ). this happens EVERY time i move away from the pad more than a couple of inches.
if i stay near the pad it works fine.
ive tried recalibrating, and the 5.94 driver (which doesnt detect my pad). ive also reinstalled go d knows how many times.
quite a few people seem to be having similar problems. but wacoms forums are down at the moment so i cant find any info.

Improv
05-20-2008, 05:26 PM
im having a similar problem with my intuos3 a6 wide.

the 5.94 driver (which doesnt detect my pad).

Try updating your driver. I have the same tablet and the latest driver for several months now has been ver. 6.05-7.

Hope that helps.

cadmonkey33
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Try updating your driver. I have the same tablet and the latest driver for several months now has been ver. 6.05-7.
Hope that helps.

thanks. ive tried the latest driver. same problem.
i've emailed wacom support. hopefully they have a solution.

ChrisNoeth
05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I now have my new tablet and this one works fine. I tested the old one with the new pen and the old pen with the new tablet... and it really seems like the old tablet is the problem. The pen recognition was deffect because the tablet did not recognize the pen correctly. No softwareproblem but bad hardware.

I hope your problems are software related so you can fix them.

Best,

Chris

cadmonkey33
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
hi,
got my replacement pad through yesterday.
works perfectly. it was definitely a hardware problem.
wacom support were very fast and helpful.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.